Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Greasing poly bushings on new suspension parts??

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 06:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Greasing poly bushings on new suspension parts??

I got new BMR Sway bars (F & R), ADJ PHB, LCA's, and SFC's...i also ordered new poly bushings....they are red in color

they came with lil packits-o-grease and "zirk" fittings on the LCA's and the PHB...
however i do not have a CLUE on how to go about greasing properly..
can anyone help...

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2005, 09:37 PM
Staging Lane

Use the grease packets to grease the inside of the new poly bushings for your sway bars. To use the zerk fittings to grease the LCAs/PHB you will need a grease gun...it has a tube with a "fitting thing" that fits over the end of the zerk. They normally look kind of like a caulking gun, except the pump handle is mounted parallel to the length of the tube.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:34 PM
TECH Addict

yeah i have a grease gun....how much grease though, until its full?? also what type of grease..i know that there are diff types of grease depending on its thickness...
Thanks..
Old 12-06-2005, 12:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'd say use a little more than what the space between bushing and the bar itself will allow. You should see some overflow, however if you went crazy and got grease all over the outside, then you over did it.

What I discovered is good for greasing poly is some sort of synthetic wheel bearing grease, even though I have used a non-synthetic type and had no problems. Mobil 1 synthetic wheel bearing grease is available for tube grease guns, though I can't remember what size of grease gun.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

You might want to hold off on putting those bars on. You have a PM in response to the one you sent me. Might want to review it first.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion

Quick Reply: Greasing poly bushings on new suspension parts??