Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Can an F-Body be built to handle like a Z06????

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 03:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He was on street tires, which appeared to be Pilot Sports. He never was still enough for me to get good look.

The little car is impressive. It just didn't seem to fall off as much as my car did. The longer the runs, the stronger it seemed to get.

I just wish my lard *** could fit in one.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchntx
He was on street tires, which appeared to be Pilot Sports. He never was still enough for me to get good look.

The little car is impressive. It just didn't seem to fall off as much as my car did. The longer the runs, the stronger it seemed to get.

I just wish my lard *** could fit in one.
Mitch You just have to lay of the Beer and BBQ for a while

John
Old 07-10-2006, 08:26 PM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a somewhat off topic side note - Just for S&G's tonight, when I got back from a little shopping trip, I decided to see if I could fit in the back seat.

I'm 6'2" (might be more, depends on who I compare to on any given day lol), and about 230 lbs, and probably about 30 or more lbs of that I would really love to lose (clothes hide it well though ).

I fit.

I got in the drivers side, where I have the seat in my preferred driving position (if I had a telescoping steering wheel, it might be a few inches further back, but I don't, so it isn't). I pulled the seat back down into it's proper position and even closed the door.

My knees were splayed on either side of the seat back, and I had to either lean over or crank my head to the side, but it wasn't so bad. I could see actually doing a short trip in it. (I mean hell, if ya want to do a long haul in the back, you want a big (ie "normal") sedan, not a coupe)

Someone shorter than me would have even less problems. So this means I could quite concievably fit 4 adults in the car, without having to change my driving position and cramp myself. That means it really is a GT car. They aren't just insurance seats, they really are usable.

Sorry, I know it's getting a bit OT, and maybe old news to you, but I haven't used a back seat in an F-Body since I had my '84. lol And I was just thinking about earlier in this thread where we were talking about the 3 series and M3, and all other GT cars with usable back seats.

Even more reason to shoot for the 'Vette's level, but not be worried about trying to actually hit it, because it's simply in a different class. (shoot for the stars so that even if you miss you'll still hit the moon, and all that)

Oh - regarding the Elise. Jeremy Clarkson was testing the new Exige (hard top, more "racy" version of the Elise) and he had to twist in half and crawl out on the ground to get out of it. He's not exactly slim and trim, but he's not fat either really (more like me, a slight gut, but small enough to hide with clothes). He's tall though. Not sure how tall. But that car is just soooo tiny.

What about a Solstice instead? Apparently they easily accomodate 6+ footers, and with the GXP have roughly the same P:W as the LS1 F-Body, and can accept an LS1....
Old 07-10-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ojustracing

Mitch You just have to lay of the Beer and BBQ for a while

John
LOL ... too old and set in my ways to stop at this point.

Quick Reply: Can an F-Body be built to handle like a Z06????