Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI tunnel mounted TA...Another reason to buy Kooks LTs

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UMI tunnel mounted TA...Another reason to buy Kooks LTs

I got around to installing my UMI adjustable torque arm a couple days ago. It looks like a great piece even though I haven't tested it on the street yet. I must say, after I purchased the recommended torque arm and driveshaft loop for Kooks headers and y I was a little skeptical. At first I didn't think the Kooks y was gonna clear, but low and behold, I've got an unbelievable amount of clearance between the y pipe AND the ground.

I've got to give it to UMI again for another great, well-designed product. I don't know if Spohn or BMR make Kooks specific torque arms and ds loops, but UMI does and I highly recommend it for anyone lowered or worried about ground clearance. I'll be sure to post up in another thread about how it lives on the street.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kpowr82
I'll be sure to post up in another thread about how it lives on the street.
Yes.. please, please do!
Old 01-06-2006, 07:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Spohn's TA's fit Kooks just fine. You don't even have to get the specific version for long tubes headers.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

could u take a pic from the side with a coke can under? i was told u lose about 2 inches of clearance
Old 01-06-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NLinnear
Spohn's TA's fit Kooks just fine. You don't even have to get the specific version for long tubes headers.
Yeah but doesnt it have that bent down section? murder on ground clearance...

what this guy is saying is (I think) he got the UMI one that goes straight across, with LT's.. and no clearance issues
Old 01-06-2006, 12:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

The spohn TA with the straight crossmember will fit the stock exhaust, Kooks and Mac header systems only.

The version of the Spohn TA that has the bend in the crossmember does cause ground clearance issues but it not needed with the above setups.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NLinnear
The spohn TA with the straight crossmember will fit the stock exhaust, Kooks and Mac header systems only.

The version of the Spohn TA that has the bend in the crossmember does cause ground clearance issues but it not needed with the above setups.
Okay, I wasn't sure if Spohn made a straight crossmember version or not.

OldeSkool is right, I was talking about the crossmember that doesn't have the bend in it, just straight across.

Just a little heads up to guys who are planning their mods out before actually buying anything. I'm glad I went with Kooks, cause now I don't have to worry about ground clearance of aftermarket tunnel mounted t/a's or lowering the car.

For those asking for pics, I'm about to go set the pinion angle right now, so as soon as it's on the ground I'll get some pics. Might not be till tomorrow or the day after though.