Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Will I need an alignment after replacing my front factory shocks with Bilstein HD's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will I need an alignment after replacing my front factory shocks with Bilstein HD's?

I know that a front end alignment is recommended whenever the factory front springs are replaced with lowering springs, but I'm not sure if it's recommended for cars that are only getting the front shocks replaced. I'm considering going from the stock deCarbons to the Bilstein HD's while keeping my factory Z28 springs. Should I get an alignment after the install? Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

I do not think you need to get an alignment if you do not change the ride height. I will say that if you get a good alignmet it will help the handling of you car. Do a search for specs. Go to a place that will work with you. I will make a big differacne.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:38 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

You do not NEED an alignment because the front shocks do not change the ride height, and do not position the wheel hub as struts do.

A better alignment will help handling, because the stock alignment is meant to make the car understeer but many don't care about that.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 05-06-2006, 07:41 PM
12 Second Club

sam when we go to get an alighnment what should i tell them to do? how much caster, camber and toe?

Quick Reply: Will I need an alignment after replacing my front factory shocks with Bilstein HD's?