Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Red Devil Titanium Brakes....

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 07:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Devil Titanium Brakes....

I'm sure some of you guys have seen articles on Red Devil Titanium Brakes. For those who haven't, here's the company website: http://www.reddevilbrakes.com/page/page/903312.htm

I'm not here advocating them, just puzzled as to how they work, and how well they work. I keep getting hung up on the physics of braking (the whole change mechanical energy into heat and then dump it into the air) and can't believe that these things work for more than one or two 60 to 0 stops, since the rotors weigh like 6 pounds.

So, anybody out there in material sciences or something that could take a stab at how these have enough thermal capacity to be useful?

'JustDreamin'
Old 01-31-2006, 11:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't seen a set of titanium brakes yet that actually work. Though I've only seen a few tested.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

When race teams with unlimited budgets start running similar set ups on their all out race cars, then ill give it a look to see what if offers over what we run now. If they were as bad *** as claimed to be, then obviously youd hear more about them. Plus the price of replacement parts would rape your wallet.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Resident

I certainly agree that the $$$$$ is nuts..... I don't have anything approaching that kind of dough to drop on brakes.

I was trying to figure out how they were useful at all, or if I'd made some form of engineering mistake in trying to figure it out.

If anybody else has looked at this and either figured out how their claims work (or if they're complete BS) please chime in.....

'JustDreamin'

Quick Reply: Red Devil Titanium Brakes....