Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

help steering wheel pulls right after spring swap w/alignment

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help steering wheel pulls right after spring swap w/alignment

Sorry for the long post....
Over xmas I swapped out my eibach pro-kit and SLP Bilsteins for Hal ride height adjustable shocks (front) and went with SLP Eibachs (level 2 i believe) all around. I did this to gain more ground clearance/adjustability to protect the piping on my STS kit. Now it is roughly the same height (slightly lower) than with SLP Bilsteins and SLP Eibach combo. I got the height from left to right within ~1/8-1/4" (hard to measure the EXACT same point on each side) I would've tried to be more precise but I was under a huge time constraint. I had it aligned. Now the wheel wants to go to the right so much so that I have to put pressure to the left to keep it straight. Could this much uneveness side to side cause the tie-rod length to be unequal enough to cause this? I do have Baer tie-rod ends (for lowered cars) because of how low the car was before, could these possibly out of their working range and causing this somehow? I thought it might be the axle shifting right or left due to the height change in the rear but i adjusted the panhard rod and it doesn't seem to affect it.

I do have warped rotors (Baer kit on the way) that cause severe shuddering and a pull to the right under braking. Could this cause a pull to the right with the brakes not engaged just from the pad 'touching' the rotor?

Also it seems like over small bumps on city streets, the car is shimming, like the wheels are all reacting totally different as if they're not all facing the same direction. Or i might just be paranoid. The tires don't show any evidence of this with +1000mi on the odometer.

Thanks for the help, I can't figure out why it would pull this much in one direction.

Quick Reply: help steering wheel pulls right after spring swap w/alignment