Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need Some Help on my suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Some Help on my suspension

Alright guys im wanting to go through and just get my car riding better. It rides VERY bad right now, every bump and everything i can feel. So im gonna be putting new shocks on my car. I believe the car was lowered with the Eibach Pro Kit, but im not sure if that makes a difference with what shock i run or not. Now this is my DD so i need a good shock that i can drive with everyday, but something that will be good for occasional drag racing. Also i need something thats not really expensive.

I also have a question on braking, when im like going fast and i slow down to come to a stop light, the car pulsates and shakes. Is that my rotors? the car has new pads on it, but i believe it to be rotors. Whats a good rotor to get also? thanks alot
JacobK
Old 03-04-2006, 04:34 PM
TECH Junkie

The pulsing stops is likely warped rotors. Brembo blanks make an excellent replacement.

As for shocks, I went with Koni SA's and they're "really expensive", but they are worth it to me. If you don't plan on changing yoru springs, give Sam Strano a call and talk to him about a set of revalved Bilsteins for your setup. He custom tailors each set, so be sure to tell him what you've got, what you might get later, and your driving style/goals.

-Mike
Old 03-06-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

For what you mention about the shocks, if you are running old shocks and combined with Eibach prokit springs, you are going to need not only newer, higher quality shocks, but also need to have shocks that are appropriately valved for a "non-stock" spring rate and ride height. Therefore either Stranoparts revalved Bilsteins or Koni SA's. I would give Sam Strano a talk about those options.

AFA the brakes are concerned, your description seems to describe either a warped rotor and/or excessive pad runout. If you installed new pads and didn't bed them in properly, you get excessive runout that could eventually lead to improper rotor wear and will drastically shorten their life. Even with new rotors this is very important. Also, if you have older rotors, you definitely have to check their runout and thickness before installing newer pads and initiating a bed in process, other wise you'll be definitely performing more labour than necessary.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:49 PM
12 Second Club

Like already said I had the same problem and it was my rotors. As for shocks for a daily driver i highly recommend revalved bisteins. I run them with the prokit. If you want you can check my car out and see how it rides.