Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

leaning toward the right fron corner ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leaning toward the right fron corner ??

as i said in the title .. that happened just after i replaced the stock springs with the i-bach prokit springs .. the front right corner is dropped 1 inch more than the front right corner !!! i thought it was the struts mount .. replaced it with a new one .. but the problem is still there .. i took the whole front springs and shocks plus the mount OFF and i compared the both sides the were at the same height , but after installing them the right fron is dropped more !!! any ideas .. am thinking that the right front shock is worn and it couldnt handle the lowering .. headache to drive with one side lowered than the others ,

thank you,
Old 03-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Teching In

anything would help me
Old 03-05-2006, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

That very well could be a cause, however even if it didn't end up like that, did you replace the shocks with ones that are appropriately valved for the springs? Even if you replace the shocks with stock shocks, or those with valvings for the stock springs, you eventually could wear them to the point where that same behaviour will occur again.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Valving ?? i do understand u .. but do u mean the shock compliance .. anyways i know what u are talking about , am not the firdt guy to install the prok kit on stock shocks , is it a known problem ? i dont want to lose more money by porchasing a new shocks that Doesnt " match my springs " .. some point is missing ... thanx fox
Old 03-06-2006, 12:00 AM
Teching In

anyone ! am in the middle of nowhere guys .. the car looks odd with the one corner drop ? i would appreciate any help
Old 03-06-2006, 03:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Okay, before I go any further, you must ensure that you have installed everything correctly. Even well experienced installers and technicians may make a mistake. Once you have clarified that, you need to make sure of how many miles there are on your shocks. No matter how well the shock is built, shocks are wear and tear items, much more than most who upgrade their springs consider. One thing I should note are the upper spring perches. When removed, what condition were they in. Some here will say that doesn't matter, but I have seen ones that didn't look that worn when removed, but when installed and the suspension loaded, they were cracked. Even if they were in well working condition, were they reassembled correctly? If they were reassembled correctly, were both springs properly seated? Since you have lowered the vehicle, did you check the wheel alignment? These are some initial troubleshooting questions I ask in order to begin some sort of problem solving process.

From my experience, the stock decarbons (brand name) wear quickly, plus they aren't even well valved to begin with. If you perform a search, the shock's valving is the ability to properly control the spring's oscillation everytime the suspension moves vertically. The firmer the springs, more damping force is required. Also, if the springs are shorter, more damping force is required. Lower ride heights require less spring movement which usually means a higher spring rate, therefore the shock must be able to effective dampen the movement. This requires that the shock will have that damping to effectively control the spring movement. The factory shocks aren't designed to have lowering springs in the first place, so your best bet is to replace the shocks with ones that have proper valving. Since you have eibach pro-kit springs installed, you could try to find several sponsors here on this forum, however one I suggest would be Sam Strano. Yes that means more money and labour, however it's best to resovle the problem early before other problems will rear their ugly heads, and will eventually cause more problems.

Quick Reply: leaning toward the right fron corner ??