Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

line loc. SJM vs Hurst

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 10:51 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default line loc. SJM vs Hurst

Which is the better kit, the hurst or the sjm. They both look identical.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SJM sells many different kits. You can get a number of different solenoids. A cheaper one with no name on it or the hurst are a few of the options. They are all pretty much the same except for the price. I think on the hurst you are mainly paying for the name. I went with the cheaper solenoid and have no regrets doing so. SJM has some of the best customer service I have ever seen. You will not regret buying any products from them.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:29 PM
Banned

Yea I was looking at their $125 kit and comparing it to the $199 Hurst
Old 04-20-2006, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

pm steve and he wil tell you all about them
Old 04-20-2006, 08:49 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for your interest and to your comments guys.

We've got a variety of style line lock kits for each person. There are no discernable differences in performance from one style to the next. The differences lie in the solenoid and their prospective costs. Prices do not range because one kit is “better” then the next, the price fluctuates from the LL solenoid.

Why do we carry all three designs?…mainly for choice for the consumer if they prefer one style or appearance over another.

All kits are in stock and ship typically same day or w/in 24 hours of payment.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Banned

Well I figured it was the noid. What is the differences in noids? Do they all carry the same warranty? I see that one is black, not concerned about color so much as performance and dependability. What is the benefit of the more expensive noid?
Old 04-20-2006, 03:22 PM
FormerVendor

As mentioned, very little differences between the solenoids performance. If I put them both on a car and you tested it, You more then likely would never know which is which. I've yet to see any differences. All are just as dependable as the other. All are rebuildable. It's a matter of which style you prefer. Our best buy is our least expensive units.

Costs are probably tied up in the manufacturing process and materials used and probably marketing...i'm guessing here as we do not manufacture them but this is a reasonable assumption. A benifit of the hurst style is it will probably disapate heat a bit better through thermal transfer...
Old 04-20-2006, 09:35 PM
Banned

Ok now one more question. Looking at the sjm $125's there is a top mount and a front mount. Any pics of installation? Not sure which mount I want. One says most popular the other says easiest to install. lol narrowing it down though, gonna be one of the two.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:00 PM
FormerVendor

Front mount kits puts the solenoid in a stealth location, which is behind the red power block on your drivers side. See attached picture. This location is a bit tougher to mount in comparison to the top mount location. The reason why it is more difficult is due to mounting the solenoid into the fender area. It is rather easy if you have an angle drill...

The top mount location was modification due to some folks suggesting that it is hard to mount the solenoid behind obstacles. The top mount location is rather simple since you have a direct shot to drilling and screwing in the solenoid.

Hope this helps,

Steve
Attached Thumbnails line loc. SJM vs Hurst-sjm-2b001fm.jpg  

Last edited by SJM Manufacturing Inc; 04-20-2006 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Banned

perfect
thx for all your help. I'll be ordering tomorrow
Old 04-20-2006, 10:37 PM
FormerVendor

You're welcome. As always, they are in stock. Generally if you order them and we receive the order before 11AM EST shipment will occur same day (using CC or PayPal funds...e-checks take ~4-5 days to clear). You'll receive tracking numbers as well so you can follow the product to your door. We provide full customer service as well as install guidance if you need it. Directions are included with pictures as well as a full schematic...install is rather straight forward with the enclosed direction sheets.

There is NO teflon tape needed, fittings come pre-installed.

Steve
Old 04-21-2006, 01:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for the SJM piece, I've been running it for a year and a half, problem free. I've been more than happy with how it installed and how it works. Some friends of mine recently purchased two line locks and a ABS Delete kit from Steve. They were both very satisfied.

Quick question though Steve, do you manufacture an ABS Delete kit for those of us who have already purchased the "top mount" line lock kit from you. The one that my friend got mounted the line lock in the "side mount" position. I'm looking to get one from you guys in a month or so, because I was very impressed with how well his went, and how clean of an install it is.

Oh, and Steve offers the best customer service I've ever had from a parts vendor.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:46 AM
FormerVendor

Allen,

Thanks for your kind comments.

We only offer the ABS delete kit in the front mount location. Since the whole ABS modulator and bracket is removed, lines run a bit better in the front mount configuration...you can re-use our line lock and electrical kit, so there is no need to repurchase one.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

Hurst
Old 04-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by FLWS6
Hurst
You send me the extra $74 and I'll buy the Hurst

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 04-22-2006 at 08:19 AM.

Quick Reply: line loc. SJM vs Hurst