Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Saggy Suspension ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks....as soon as i get some other little things fixed on my car i think i'll go through and to a lil "tune up" with the suspension stuff....money isn't a huge problem right now. being 19 and still living at home has it's perks lol...no bills...just my car payment, insurance, and cell phone..... i just finished my spring semester, so it's back to working full time, and i work at a detail shop, and it's busy as hell right now with all the boats coming in....thanks again for the info, a friend of mine who's had his fair share of F-Bodies suggested the Koni's as well...i think i'll get them and some new springs.

thanks again FoxxTron
Old 05-07-2006, 06:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SS4Matt

I have a full set of G2 springs here new in the box if you're interested.

I bought them a year ago but decided to keep my Eibach's when I couldn't get my passenger side custom valved Bilstein off.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS4Matt
thanks for the help skewba98Z28!...anyone else lurking out there care to chime in a help a brutha out haha?
Yeah, I had a Pro-kit on and the car looked good it was too low for my style of driving. Plus I was scraping the bottom everywhere.

What I did was went back to the stock springs and took the isolater off of the back ones. When you do that though you need to get some good thick garden hose and wrap it around the top coil on the spring so you don't have any metal to metal contact. I just lowered my front a little bit with my Hal QA-1's!
Old 05-07-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Viper SS4Matt

I have a full set of G2 springs here new in the box if you're interested.
i would be interested, but i'm gonna have to hold off on other things right now...my rear end just blew AGAIN today...im in such a shitty mood right now damn GM 10 bolts are PIECES OF ****!!!!! thing only has like 5,000 miles since i just put the 3.73's in it!!! just my luck!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS4Matt
i would be interested, but i'm gonna have to hold off on other things right now...my rear end just blew AGAIN today...im in such a shitty mood right now damn GM 10 bolts are PIECES OF ****!!!!! thing only has like 5,000 miles since i just put the 3.73's in it!!! just my luck!!!
Sorry to ask once again, but you are drag racing? I have had 10 bolts that have lasted much more than 80K with AX and RR, provided that I haven't done serious burnouts. Also, I would like to ask if it was properly maintianed, because any differential without proper maintenance (depending on driving activity) will blow.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have no idea, i had the thing re-built in the fall by Scott at DriveLine Solutions. i have put 5,000 grandma miles on it...with street tires, and i haven't even done a burnout since the gears were put in!! i have no idea why? i'm going to take it back to him and see what the final verdict is.
i just bought C-Clip Elims, and they're chill'n in my back seat still, so if he can fix the rear-end and get those thrown in...i would have had to get it out anyways, so it's not a total loss. my step dad and i just pulled the rear end out, took us 1/2 hour tops.
just shitty...one of those things that wasn't planned!! i have a ton of money saved up right now for a turbo kit and all the fixins, but i guess im gonna have to wait a while now and get the rest of the car on the same page

Quick Reply: Saggy Suspension ?