Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake pad questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake pad questions

Hi all. Does anybody have any experiences, good or bad, with Ferodo brake pads? They're what my local domestic shop stocks, and I'm trying to decide whether to go with those so I can change my pads ASAP, or order some Hawks or Axxis pads online and wait for them to be shipped. The guy I talked to on the phone described them as "Ferodo graphite-metallic" pads, and "the top of the line brake pads you can buy"... I'm assuming he means the DS2500 pads, since that's apparently their good street-use model.

Also... I've changed brakes before on other cars, but this'll be my first time on an F-body... anything special I need to know? Random parts/lubricants/tips that would make the job easier or more complete?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

Hmm... nobody, huh?

Sorry for replying to my own thread so soon, just trying to get some info before 5, since I want to go straight from work to pick up the pads, as long as nobody has any horror stories. Thanks again.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got DS2500's on my car (I have Wilwood 6 piston brakes) and they work well. However, the last time I looked, they don't make the DS2500's for a stock caliper (at least not for LS1 cars).
Old 05-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Staging Lane

Yea, they ended up being some other brand that the guy said was "made by Ferodo"... Vortex or something. Oh well... this is pretty much just a stopgap solution anyway, I'm strapped for cash right now and the current pads are worn down to the metal... I'm afraid for my rotors. After I save up some money I'll probably just get new blank rotors and Hawk HP+ pads... for now, I'm sure the ones I got can't be terrible... right?
Old 05-02-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They should at least "work" until you get something else. Besides, you might find that you like them.

Quick Reply: Brake pad questions