Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bilsteins and springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bilsteins and springs

I want to upgrade my springs and shocks on TA aswell as lower it about 1 inch, I like Bilstein shocks but I am confused by all these Bilsteins valved different. I was looking at SLP's set up with the springs and shocks, Is this a good set up? The car is a daily driver that sees some drag time and some corner carving time. I know doing this will make the car stiffer and that is ok I just don't want to make it really harsh, The roads in NY state are not very forgiving. Thanks
Old 05-24-2006, 04:34 PM
Banned

I truly believe one of the biggest misnomers on suspension is "Konis greatly reduce ride quality". In my experience they absolutely do not. With any of the number of vehicle combinations I have ridden in or driven regarding Konis not once has the ride become anywhere even near harsher than daily driver status just from shocks and/or struts (understandibly a subjective measurement), just more similar to a European damped vehicle. Just thought I'd mention it, you can already guess what my recommendation is.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you plan on lowering, you will need revalved Bilsteins, however the SLP ones have disappointed many who can't figure out what's wierd with them (though Sam knows that rebound is improved with them, while compression is reduced, a no no from what I have experienced).

I say that if you're not too picky about lowering at the moment, and since you are trying to get something that will at least have rebound valving adjustement for different situations (including dealing with the harsh pavement), go with Koni SA's. Even though revalves have their place, I think that the situation might call for different valving adjustments for each of your different occasions.

Quick Reply: Bilsteins and springs