Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LCAs questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 01:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LCAs questions

Im thinking of getting LCA's for my car. I'm trying to get my 60ft times down. The best times I can get are 1.7s (usually 1.8s or 1.9s)on ET streets. They dont "hop", I just get a lot of wheel spin. I'm not expecting much help from these but theyre cheap/easy so I'll throw them on. I'm thinking Im gonna go poly/poly because Im not interested in handling, only straight line. Right now Im driving around with no front swaybar so that shows you how much I care about cornering.

My question is about adjustable vs non adjustable. Also if relocation brackets would be beneficial. The car is not lowered and has a moser 12-bolt. Ive read relo-brackets are for lowered cars only? What about adjustability. When would I need to adjust the LCAs and do all you people that have the adjustables use this feature? Since I dont know how to dial in a suspension I would just set them the same length as stock and toss them on, but I bought a non adjustble TA and now regret it because I cant mess with my pinion angle, so Id rather do this right the 1st time. What say you?
Old 05-14-2006, 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lowereing brackets are the key to getting traction with LCA's they change the geometry of your suspension, and the lower you located the lca on the axle, the harder the suspension will push that tire into the ground
Old 05-14-2006, 02:00 PM
TECH Regular

According to the nice people at BMR they told me the adjustables are for centering the rear up or adjusting for larger tires. I bought the adjustable ones b/c they were used and I got them pretty cheap from a member on here.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Amazing, after all this time, BMR STILL doesn't address bushing bind, the PRIMARY reason to use rod ends over poly bushings.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by camaroextra
Lowereing brackets are the key to getting traction with LCA's they change the geometry of your suspension, and the lower you located the lca on the axle, the harder the suspension will push that tire into the ground
Even if the car has not been lowered, right?

Last edited by Threesixes; 05-14-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Threesixes
Even if the car has not been lowered, right?
Correct. If you need more bite. (who doesnt)
Old 05-14-2006, 04:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by exstanger
According to the nice people at BMR they told me the adjustables are for centering the rear up or adjusting for larger tires. I bought the adjustable ones b/c they were used and I got them pretty cheap from a member on here.
But you just made them stock length and put them on right? I know an adjustable panhard will center the rear from side to side, so the LCA's will move it forward and backward? When would I want to do this?
Old 05-14-2006, 04:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mitchntx
Amazing, after all this time, BMR STILL doesn't address bushing bind, the PRIMARY reason to use rod ends over poly bushings.
Even for drag use? I keep reading how poly/poly binding is bad for road racing or handling in general, but fine for the dragstrip.

Quick Reply: LCAs questions