Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni SA vs. Koni DA

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 05:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Koni SA vs. Koni DA

What are the Pro's and Con's of these 2 shocks other than the cost? I spoke to Sam today and we discussed the SA with stock springs for now. I found a killer deal on DA's for about the same price as the SA. I know my needs are shocks only. Koni's for sure SA or DA?
Old 05-19-2006, 05:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

And why are they a killer deal? Maybe because they've been sitting around for 4 years? That does the seals no good at all (and there are folks here who have found that out when they started leaking). Further DA's don't have a ride height provision.

Up to you if you'd like to spend the same money on shocks that can't lower the car should you wish, and are old stock. I've prefer the fully warrantied, height changeable option myself. Call me crazy.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 05-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
And why are they a killer deal? Maybe because they've been sitting around for 4 years? That does the seals no good at all (and there are folks here who have found that out when they started leaking). Further DA's don't have a ride height provision.

Up to you if you'd like to spend the same money on shocks that can't lower the car should you wish, and are old stock. I've prefer the fully warrantied, height changeable option myself. Call me crazy.
That is all I need to hear. I figured you would have discussed them with me if they made sense. Thanks for your insight.

Quick Reply: Koni SA vs. Koni DA