Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

A "Thunking" that is driving me bananas!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A "Thunking" that is driving me bananas!!

I can hear it coming from the passenger rear everytime I hit even the slightest bump in the road and for the life of me can't find out what it is. I've been under the car and made sure that everything is tightend down but I'm baffled as to what else it could be The ONLY possible thing I can think of is the spring isn't sitting in the perch the right way, but from what I can see it looks fine.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-14-2006, 04:14 PM
TECH Addict

the spring wasn't riding on the isolator right that was causing my clunk ...throughly check over everything though
Old 06-14-2006, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

as mentioned before, are the isolators fitted properly? are the spring "pigtails" properly centered on the lower mounts? are the rear swaybar endlinks tightened enough or even need replacing? exhaust mounts still in good condition?

these questions are probably just to see what's wrong overall. If you start with the springs then move on to other things, you'll be able to discover what's either too loose and/or what needs replacing.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Foxxtron
as mentioned before, are the isolators fitted properly? are the spring "pigtails" properly centered on the lower mounts? are the rear swaybar endlinks tightened enough or even need replacing? exhaust mounts still in good condition?

these questions are probably just to see what's wrong overall. If you start with the springs then move on to other things, you'll be able to discover what's either too loose and/or what needs replacing.
Some good points. I've checked the exhaust but am going to check the springs again and the sway bar end links
Old 06-14-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about the APHB rod end...loose?
Old 06-14-2006, 09:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

what about the spare? my thudding was because my spare tire wasn't tightened down...i ended up just taking that biatch out and it solved my problem.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

I had the same problem on my driver side rear. I see that you have UMI adj LCA. My adjuster nut was loose on it, when I torqued it down and used loctite the clunk went away.