Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bang for buck brake upgrade? What rotors to go with hawk pads?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Bang for buck brake upgrade? What rotors to go with hawk pads?

I have a 2001 WS6 that's pretty much stock. I'm looking at upgrading my brake system, as my stock rotors are warped, and the pads are getting lower. I am pretty set on getting Hawk pads. What's a good performing yet not incredibly expensive set of rotors to compliment the Hawk pads? Is there anything else I should upgrade while I do this?

Thanks,
Rich
Old 06-21-2006, 07:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The WS6 store has a deal on both Slotted/Drilled rotors with a zinc finish and hawk pads. They are on the sponsor list---->
Old 06-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

Get some Brembo or KVR "blank" stock rotor replacements.
The crossdrilled and slotted are for looks, but drilled can crack, and slots offer little if any performane advantage.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Get the Brembo blanks from www.stranoparts.com

If you have to have them today, get the Duralast from Autozone.

Flush and bleed your fluid completely, that will make a world of difference. If it's a fair weather car - do stainless braided brake lines, if it's a daily driver - stick with stock.

If you want bigger rotors and have 17" or bigger rims, you can get the LG brackets and bolt on corvette rotors.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=jmilz28][/url]

If it's a fair weather car - do stainless braided brake lines, if it's a daily driver - stick with stock.

QUOTE]

Why not doe the steel lines for a daily driver?
Old 06-22-2006, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cascadesys
I have a 2001 WS6 that's pretty much stock. I'm looking at upgrading my brake system, as my stock rotors are warped, and the pads are getting lower. I am pretty set on getting Hawk pads. What's a good performing yet not incredibly expensive set of rotors to compliment the Hawk pads? Is there anything else I should upgrade while I do this?

Thanks,
Rich
Hi there,

I just thought I might send you a link to this thread. It may be what you are looking for...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...43#post5053343

Regards
Old 06-22-2006, 01:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cascadesys

Thanks,
Rich
Brembo OEM blanks, PBR pads up front, Hawk pads in the rear. Just upgraded to this setup last week and all I have to say is . I got them from Sam Strano, tho I'm still waiting on my stainless brake lines a month later .

James
Old 06-27-2006, 09:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jmilz28
Get the Brembo blanks from www.stranoparts.com

If you have to have them today, get the Duralast from Autozone.

Flush and bleed your fluid completely, that will make a world of difference. If it's a fair weather car - do stainless braided brake lines, if it's a daily driver - stick with stock.

If you want bigger rotors and have 17" or bigger rims, you can get the LG brackets and bolt on corvette rotors.

Is the part number for the rotors BRM-27197? Is this front or rear? I need all four for my 02 Z28. Any warping issues with these? They are pretty cheap!