Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Hose mod (isolator) questions (no luck with search)

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 08:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hose mod (isolator) questions (no luck with search)

I did a search but didnt find exact answers... so here goes:

Im thinking of doing the hose-mod (on a LT1 TA), in my searching I found that some people say you need to have LCA relocation brackets and an adjustable PHB, I have neither... Should I stay away from doing the mod until I get these (if I do someday get them)? Ive tried to stay away from lowering my TA because it bottoms out in a few places already, but I believe it would look better if the rear wheel well gap was slightly smaller.

Thanks in advance,
Old 06-28-2006, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have not seen that.

You just need the hose to do the mod. Easy,simple. Hope this helps. But it also helps if you got the front Konis to mount on the lower perch.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the hose mod 6 months ago, no adjustable PHB, no relo brackets. Works just fine!
Old 06-28-2006, 11:26 AM
TECH Resident

Awesome to hear that guys , any down sides? (I should have mentioned my suspension for now is fully stock).
Old 06-28-2006, 11:53 AM
11 Second Club

The front might look higher than the back on a stock car...that's all I could think of.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DuronClocker
The front might look higher than the back on a stock car...that's all I could think of.
I was thinking about that but I keep looking at it and the back sits a good amount higher than the front now... So lets see. Thanks for the input though
Old 06-28-2006, 03:39 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah, I've noticed that on some of these cars too. I'd say go for it, that could be the only possible downside I see, and that's just a small appearance thing. I'm doing this and lowering the front that 3/4" or whatever it is when you do the lower perch mod on the Koni SA's that should be at my house waiting for me after work tonight
Old 06-28-2006, 03:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DuronClocker
Yeah, I've noticed that on some of these cars too. I'd say go for it, that could be the only possible downside I see, and that's just a small appearance thing. I'm doing this and lowering the front that 3/4" or whatever it is when you do the lower perch mod on the Koni SA's that should be at my house waiting for me after work tonight
Awesome, Im thinking about doing it tommorow but lets see if I have time, if you can take before and after pictures Id really like to see Good luck with it.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:50 AM
Launching!

It will help functionally and asthetically to have the front dropped the same amount, which can be achieved by using Koni SAs on the lower perch.

You will most likely need an APHB (I did). Take your car in for an alignment and have them verify the rearend location before starting on the front end. I have never heard of having to use the LCA brackets, but as always, this may be a "YMMV" issue. I've got over 50k miles on this setup with no issues.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bowtie Guy
I did the hose mod 6 months ago, no adjustable PHB, no relo brackets. Works just fine!
Me too...........
Old 06-29-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Apprentice