Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lowering opinions and questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering opinions and questions

i bought the car with the slp level one suspension package but i wanted to lower the car a little bit more. i was thinking about gettin hotchkiss springs from my friend. How do they compare to a prokit? also since i have the slp bilsteins i have heard that if i wanted to go and get HD's that i would only need the front ones because the rear slp bilsteins are at the same spec as the rear HD's..is that true?
Old 04-03-2002, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Re: lowering opinions and questions

If you have the doe, go for a front and back coil-over kit. You will be able to raise and lower the car at will (with proper suspension alignment of coarse). The reason being, you may think that you want to lower the car a little more, but lowering the car more than 2 inches (I'm suspecting your down about 1.5" right now) gets to be a real pain with clearance issues. Your y pipe bangs, you can't go most places you used to, speed bumps become roadblocks, you have to chart your coarse getting into a parking lot etc...
Old 04-03-2002, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: lowering opinions and questions

no..i havent gotten new springs yet, and i dont believe that the slp eibachs lower the car that much more than stock. atleast it doesnt seem that way when i compare it to friends with stock height rides. what i wanted to know was how hotchkiss springs compare to these or the prokit. also if the bilstein rear HD's are the same as the slp bilsein rear shocks