Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need a Rotor that Won't warp

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2002, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a Rotor that Won't warp

Hey guys I need a rotor that wont warp on my SS I don't have a whole lot of money being that I'm only 20 and I pay for my car. Any cost effective crossdrilled or slots out there other than the PowerSlot.... Thanx
Old 04-09-2002, 04:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need a Rotor that Won't warp

One of the big things to keep them from warping is how you put them on. NEVER let anyone put the nuts on with an air wrench. If you do have service done on your car, bring a Torque wrench with you when you pick it up. Then loosen the bolts and then tighten them down in a star pattern starting at 60 ft lbs and then going back around and tighting them all the way at 89 ft lbs.

The warping is from the nuts applying pressure unequally on the rotors. This is the only real reason they warp.

As for rotors, I would look at the Eradispeed Rotors from Baer. They have a waranty against warpage. So unless you let a pad go down to the point of scraping the rotor you'll not need to buy another set of rotors. Look at www.lingenfelter.com and check thru his catalog, he has the best price I've seen on the whole F-Body Set. These are about$750 a set, which is cheap when you compare them to other drilled rotors that will weight more.

Bret