Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What do you guys think about Performance Friction Carbon Metallic brake pads?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 08:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

First post and you bump a thread that is over 13 years old. Not a good start Mr vlad
Old 09-30-2018, 04:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink PF Carbon Metallic

I've ran two sets of PF Carbon Metallic in my 3000GT and they lasted FOREVER driving semi-aggressively. They can be a tad dusty, though its inconsistent. As far as squeaks, it hasn't been an issue. I'm pretty rough on my brakes and I don't foresee me running anything else on this car. I've changed the pads twice since Jan 2012 (so going on almost 7 years) and used the car as my daily driver in Seattle during that time.

Old 04-27-2021, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Friction Pads

I have a 2013 Mustang GT with Performance Package. I know what your thinking, "What are you doing on this site?" Well, car guys are car guys and we all discuss the same products and our love or hate of them. Anyway, I only have 22K on the car but I had never liked the way the Brembo brakes performed. I have used performance brake pads from Hawk and others on my previous Mustangs and some are better than others. The problems with the Hawk pads for me is the price is getting to high, so I was gripping to a friend of mine and he said he had been using PFC pads for a few years. He told me that NASCAR at the time required PFC pads for all cars in the race. I was impressed so with only 8K miles on the car I changed the pads and I could not be happier. The bite is lite when the pads are cold and you do use a little more pedal pressure to stop the car than normal at that time. But, you should expect some give somewhere to get something else in a high performance pad. I will give up some cold stopping ability without a problem to get the performance these pads give once they get a little warmer. They have just the right bite and the hotter they get the better they work. I have yet to get these brakes to fad no matter how hard I have pushed the car. I feel confident when driving the car if I am on the road or going around the track that the PFC brake pads on my car are the very best! Also, there has been some questions of brake dust and here is the answer. These brakes have a dark dust that is easy to spot. They don't produce more dust just a darker dust but it is easy to wash it away. I like to keep my car clean to the point that my Mustang has never been driven in the rain or at night when the bugs want to do a kamikaze dive into the headlights. Under normal driving I have not seen anymore dust build up any quicker than the stock Brembo pads produced but like I said the dust is just darker. I like the PFC pads and they cost less than the Hawk as are every bit as good if not better IMHO.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think about Performance Friction Carbon Metallic brake pads?