Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Dropped spindles, who makes em for our F-bodies

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 04:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropped spindles, who makes em for our F-bodies

OK, so most of us have lowered our cars, but I don't see anyone doing it right including myself.Someone has to make drop spindles for our cars? I haven't been able to find any.Sounds like a great new product! Hint Hint sponsors
Anyone know were to get em?
Old 10-11-2007, 09:03 AM
Banned

Racecraft Inc. is now making a 2" drop spindle for the 3rd and 4th gen we will have our prototypes at the NMCA race in Memphis this weekend. We have posted the pic on our site

Thanks, Mark
www.notasponsor.com

Last edited by DONAIMIAN; 10-11-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

because lowering springs ARE "right"

Just because dropped spindles are more appropriate for older cars like a first gen camaro does not mean that they are better for our cars. you have to take into consideration the amount of drop and the spring rates and the suspension geometry.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....75&postcount=5

And also... even the super heavy cast spindles have been known to bend. I would not trust a tubular fabricated spindle. they're ok for drag racing but i'd never have one on a street car or a road race car for the same reason i'd never have a drag racing k-member on a street or rr car
Old 10-11-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

I agree with the above. Its people here (including myself) that have bent the stock spindles without being in an accident or hitting a curb. Unless theres hardcore numbers to back up the strength of a tubular version, I wouldn't trust it.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Banned

Default Not a Sponsor

DONAIMIAN,

I have contacted the board before about sponsoring this board, but I have received zero info maybe you could help me out. You should check out our site, click on the Corner-Carvers link, these guys analyzed our spindles quite thoroughly. We have been manufacturing these spindles since 2003 and have had zero failures. We will make sure our 3rd&4th Gen spindles live up to our reputation for building quality parts.

Thanks,

Mark Wilkinson
Old 10-22-2007, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have been looking for a quality dropped spindle for my thirdgen pretty much since belltech stopped production of theirs (I've seen a few, but I have been leery about the stresses of a road course). Your spindles look good from the pictures on your website. And got good reviews over on corner carvers. Unfortunately, times are tight and I can't afford them at the moment.

For the third gen cars, do you offer any provision for a shortened steering arm? Those of us who have converted to rack and pinion tend to suffer a loss of steering radius due to the long arm on the factory spindle.

Quick Reply: Dropped spindles, who makes em for our F-bodies