Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Everyone knows how the LS1 F-Bodys brakes suck.. read on and tell me what to do...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 01:55 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Everyone knows how the LS1 F-Bodys brakes suck.. read on and tell me what to do...

My .02, you gotta remember if your not the original owner you dont know how "the other guy" drove. Any rotor will turn to sh*t if you don't kow how to decelerate. All you guys spitting about this and that, first, although WOT is second nature to us, braking seems to be a way way waaaaaay lower priority. Drive your F bod in the snow just one day and you'll learn the art of deceleration, trust me (I grew up in Northern Michigan). Second, It is unsafe, as you claim your brakes are) to drive like that on public access roads regardless of the reason, hell the 1/4mi track has more than 100m to stop, go figure. And finally for those who tried the other rotors, did you go through the break in proceedures or did you treat it like your engine new, take her to WOT and run the **** outta her and of course applying the new rotors in the same fashion?

Quick Reply: Everyone knows how the LS1 F-Bodys brakes suck.. read on and tell me what to do...