Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Kinesis K20... will these fit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Kinesis K20... will these fit?

im looking at some Kinesis K20 sizes 17x10 275/40/17 fronts and 18x11 305/30/18 rears he is asking $2000 with hoosier tires...

i have an 02 WS6 lowered with an eibach prokit will these fit with no problems or will i have some issues

thanks
Steve
Old 10-25-2002, 10:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Kinesis K20... will these fit?

The wheels aren't too big for the car, if that's what you're asking; but I suppose that backspacing would be the determining factor regarding clearance problems.
Old 10-26-2002, 01:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll venture out on the limb and say that even if the backspacing is correct, you'll still have to bang in your wheel wells on the rear. Even then, you may still have problems with the wheels or tires contacting the bump stop. Banging them in is no biggie. Just recoat afterwards with some spray on undercoating.

It might not be as big a problem if you were stock but with the Prokit, it becomes a whole different story. If the wheels stick out enought to NOT contact the wheel well, you might still have a problem with the tire contacting the fender on a bump or dip. I REALLY hate the rear springs on the Prokit. I've thought about cutting a coil off the stock rear springs and trying them.

With the fronts, again, the backspacing is the key but otherwise they should fit. The only place you might have a problem is the top of the wheel against the spindle.
Old 10-26-2002, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks guys... i just found out my cousin just got a new 02 SS so i talked him into buying my springs off me for $300 installed lol and im getting me a set of ground controls... does anyone know the correct spring rate i should get just daily driving with a lil bit of hard cornering and stuff

Quick Reply: Kinesis K20... will these fit?