Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Handling: 15" wheels vs. 17"ers

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handling: 15" wheels vs. 17"ers

I have some 17" wheels now. I want to save as much weight as possible, but I like my handling. Will 15" wheels and tires significantly hurt my handling? Will it help in ride comfort?
Old 11-08-2002, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Handling: 15" wheels vs. 17"ers

Yes it will hurt your handling, yes it will look silly, yes you will have to grind the brake calipers, and yes, you are driving the wrong car if you want "comfort"
Old 11-09-2002, 09:46 AM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Handling: 15" wheels vs. 17"ers

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by roadrage:
<strong>Yes it will hurt your handling, yes it will look silly, yes you will have to grind the brake calipers, and yes, you are driving the wrong car if you want "comfort"</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I realize it would hurt high speed handling, but this isn't a track car. I'm talking about around town. Personally, I like the looks of the smaller wheels and bigger tires. It makes it look more muscular, IMO. Why shouldn't I expect comfort? I expect a good sound system, decent handling, good gas mileage and great performance....

Oh, and yes, you assume that everyone who mentions 15" wheels mean cheap-*** Welds or the like. There are some that are better and you don't have to touch the calipers.

Quick Reply: Handling: 15" wheels vs. 17"ers