Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

4-Link

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 07:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4-Link

i am having my 02 silverado lowered 3/4 but in doing to i am going with 4 link in the back with a panhard bar and coilovers to eliminate the leaf springs and hopefully give me better traction and better all around handling. my question is do you in this area think the 4link coilovers and panhard bar will help my handling that much? i want my truck to handle like a z06...or even better...what should i do to the front suspension to lower it and get a more firm handling feeling also.

Matt
Old 11-28-2002, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

Default Re: 4-Link

Im doing the same thing in my truck but with airbags instead of coilovers. If you truely want that kinda feeling you really need an independent rear but if not your on the way with that. What setup are you going with and from who? Just wanna know cuz I havent done mine yet. weld-in or bolt on? You will have the closest thing to a f-body's handling
Old 11-29-2002, 12:53 AM
TECH Resident

you will never get a truck to handle like a factory zo6 on street legal tires.
You might come close if you used racing style tires but other wise you will never pull near 1g not without way to much money. But the 4 link will help the feel
Old 11-29-2002, 06:21 PM
Banned

a place in arlington texas is doing the work they fabricate all their stuff in house...it's called drop zone. the stuff out back is all weld on and it's all red, the 4 link bars and panhard bars will be as well as the springs on the coil overs but the shocks will be black. let me know if you need more info
Old 11-30-2002, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

All of that stuff costs huge $$$. Also are you really familiar with tuning the 4 link. If not it is something you dont want to do. There are alot of adjustments you can do to it but if you are not exactly perfect it is like driving on an ice rink. Just another reason for ladder bars.
Old 12-01-2002, 12:17 AM
Banned

you make a good point...as far as cost it's gonna run about 1600 with all labor and parts as well as the caddy tail lights so it's not that bad. i've never adjusted a 4 link really so i'm not experienced there. BUT...everyone has to start somewhere and i want to learn all there is to learn in my situation. thanks for any input.

Matt
Old 12-06-2002, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Considering they are making the stuff in-house, that's not a bad price. The four link will be way better than the stock leafs, but like was said above, your truck will never handle like a 'vette - well, and still be pleasent to drive on the street.
Old 12-06-2002, 04:38 PM
Launching!

I would like more info about the shop. Where are they? I would like to stop by after work.

Is this a custom 4 link they build or a 4 link they buy and adapt to the truck?