Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

couple of questions on sfc and lca's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 06:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple of questions on sfc and lca's?

I am planning on getting a set of sub frame connectors and lower control arms but i had a few questions.
1. How will my daily driving as in comfort change with the lca's. Will they give me a really bumpy ride and can i get adjustable ones?

2. Where is the cheapest place online to buy these items?

3. How much will the lca's help my quarter mile time especially 60'. Will the sfc's help at all in that area?

Thanks for the help
Old 12-04-2002, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: couple of questions on sfc and lca's?

LCA's make some noise (in my opinion). I'm running the adjustable "rod end" style and they are kinda loud around town (pretty quiet on the highway).

As for cheap....try any of the site sponsors and see who has a good deal or look in the "group Purchases forum".

LCA's tend to minimize (or eliminate) wheel hop which will help at the drags (and you are moving the car with that horsepower instead of twisting the control arms).

SFC's help at the drags by using hp to move the car and not twist the body. This will also avoid "stress wrinkles" in body panels, keep your doors fitting better and help prevent creaks and rattles in the dash area.

If you are planning to drag race, I'd look into a set of rear control arm relocation brackets to add a little extra bite.

Just my $.02....Good luck.
Old 12-05-2002, 04:28 PM
Launching!

Trackbird said it all.

Don't look for the cheapest if you go adjustable LCA. LG makes a good part. Adjustable will be louder (I've had both).
Old 12-05-2002, 09:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have heard (from another user on this board) that the LG adjustable arms (with rod ends) are a little quieter due to better rod ends than BMR uses. I'm planning to change my roe ends in the spring to a better set and I'll verify that myself. (I had Herb Adams adjustables and they were not as loud, but they were more expensive as well). Just a quick update. Good luck.
Old 12-06-2002, 11:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you're talking about a daily driver car, I'd stay away from rod-end LCAs. Noisy and harsh, plus w/ daily use the ends will need replacement at least once a year. Adjustable LSA with ruber on the body end and Poly on the axle end are the best daily driver option IMO. SFCs will stiffen the ride a bit over bumps - ie pothole hits will be sharper, etc - but the overall driving improvement more than makes up for it, and you will be used to it in no time.
Old 12-06-2002, 07:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

I ran Herb Adams rod end lca's on the street for several years in my 1989 FOrmula (even some winter driving) and had no problems with my rod ends, I did keep an eye on them and they never seemed to wear (no slop and no teflon smashed out of the sides). They are noisy, but I am running BMR rod end LCA's on my 2002 Z (driven daily) with no troubles so far. I think Herb Adams used better rod ends than the BMR set does (and Herb was more $$$). I'm going to upgrade my rod ends this spring, but only because I want to try a better rod end. GOod luck.

Quick Reply: couple of questions on sfc and lca's?