Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

C5 versus Fbody Rear Brake Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006 | 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default C5 versus Fbody Rear Brake Question

Does anyone know the bolt pattern for the rear brake bracket (end of Axle Housing) on the C5 compared to the Fbody, and if the offset from that mounting surface to the axle flange face is the same as the Fbody?

I am asking because I have a custom Fbody rear kit and I was considering putting a C5 TransAxle/rear in my TA if the brakes will mount easily on the C5 rear end.

Any information would be great...
Old 07-26-2006 | 07:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you are doing the C5 IRS rear setup, just use the complete C5 rear brake setup.
The rear track is a little skinnier on the vette, maybe like 1"/side, based on C5 wheels mounted on a 4th gen rear.
Old 07-26-2006 | 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would but I already bought a MUCH better (more expensive) custom 15" front and rear kit for my 95 TA with Wilwood Billet Superlite 6 pistons on the front and 4 pistons with an external parking brake on the rear. So I need to know how difficult it would be to mount them on the C5 stuff...
Old 07-27-2006 | 04:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Oh, ok.
If it can't be retro fitted, maybe see if willwood has the backing plate for the rear C5, if your plates haven't been mounted, maybe they would do a swap for plates.