Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

need some traction and brake advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 04:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default need some traction and brake advice

i need more traction i'm starting to spin out everytime i give it just a little too much gas. i'm thinking about some lakewood lower control arms. do you guys think that they are good? will they help enough to make them worth the money? i know other brands of lcas help i'm just curious about these.
my cars got about 52 thousand miles on it with the stock brakes and rotors. i know i'm needed to replace them both soon because the rotors have a lip on the outer edge and the pads are worn pretty bad. i'm thinkin about some powerstop rotors and then whatever pads powerstop recomends to help rotor and pad life. what do you guys think i don't have alot to spend on them and with need them soon.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:23 PM
roy
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: need some traction and brake advice

I can't help you out on the brakes because I never used them.

Your traction problem could be related to your tire selection and out side temperture. I mean it is winter time.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:33 PM
TECH Resident

i had the traction problems back in the summer too i'm just now decided to do something about it.
Old 01-23-2003, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by mitchntx:
<strong> Still could be tire selection ....

Brakes?
Autozone rotors - ~$40
GM OEM pads - ~$100 </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i used to not have traction problems with the same tires. but i've done a couple mods since then and need to either get some tires that are better than z-rated or do some suspension mods. i might as well change some of my stock suspension parts like lcas due to the fact new lakewoods cost only about $90.
Old 01-23-2003, 07:26 PM
roy
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what type of tires are you running?
What shape is your Posi In?
Just a note ,tire traction does degrade as tires get older.

I myself run Nitto 555rII tires once they are warm they are pretty sticky. But I can still turn them over from a standing start If get ignorant with the Rpms.
Old 01-23-2003, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by roy:
<strong> So what type of tires are you running?
What shape is your Posi In?
Just a note ,tire traction does degrade as tires get older.

I myself run Nitto 555rII tires once they are warm they are pretty sticky. But I can still turn them over from a standing start If get ignorant with the Rpms. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">true i am about due for new tires. posi is in great shape. i to the point where if i'm goin 45 mph down the street and give it some gas to pass someone i'll spin both tires until i let off. i will get new tires soon and that'll help it alot but i am seriouly wanting to do some suspension work to help traction and whenever possible ride quality because i'm not through modding my car and know that i'll need more than just really sticky tires eventually.
Old 01-24-2003, 12:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still could be tire selection ....

Brakes?
Autozone rotors - ~$40
GM OEM pads - ~$100

Quick Reply: need some traction and brake advice