Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Goldline Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Goldline Lowering Springs

I have someone offering a good deal on a set of Goldline Springs. I'm considering getting them. Anybody have them, or know about them? I know Eibach, and I've heard of Goldline, but not heard of their value. Any help? They beef up cornering any? Or are they just show? Thanks!
Old 08-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Launching!

Ive had them for about 30k. I like em, good upgrade from stock.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:59 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

I have to disagree. They are low-buck springs that we know nothing about. They drop the car generally too much, the spring rates are unknown, and so on.

What a "good upgrade from stock" means, I don't know. The stock springs aren't at all bad handling springs, the shocks suck. Putting springs on can band-aid some problems the shocks cause temporarily, but that's it and when the stock shocks go bye-bye you're even worse off (unless you don't know better). That goes for ANY lowering spring, not just the Goldlines.

Still, the rates are unknown, the materials are unknown, their website has absolutely nothing useful on it to even try and determine such things.

The phrase running through my head is: "you get what you pay for". MHO

Edit: and yes, I can sell them... my largest warehouse stocks them.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 08-04-2006, 05:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it's an "unknown" why are they automatically bad?
Old 08-04-2006, 06:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Are you freaking kidding me Mitch?

Ok... there is a chance they aren't. How about you try a set on your car? Would you trust you children in the care of an unknown babysitter? Would you put in motor oil that some guy told you was the best thing ever, but you never heard of and there was no proof of it being any good? Actually, you probably would.

Unknown = not knowing. If you don't know, you can't make an informed decision, can you? Could be kick ***. They've sucked on every other car I've been in that had them, but hey this could be the one they don't. Could be these are the magic mix of cheap, mystery spring rate, who knows what origin or R&D springs that are great.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 08-04-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, you didn't say you had used them ... you just said 'I don't know, so they suck' ... paraphrased of course.

Having a bad day? No reason to bite my head off. I just asked ...

A lot of folks blindly follow advice, just like an unknown babysitter or unproven motor oil.

Like the Pied Piper, they will follow the guy off into the Thames river ...
Old 08-05-2006, 07:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not to be third party to this thread, but my 2 cents are:

When one gets to know how to mod, the SOTP becomes a lot less significant (but still somewhat important), however several factors with their respective numbers become much more improtant to configure handling. AFA purchasing springs that have no spring rates listed, I become intially skeptical, then when I get a chance to dyno them and I find out their rates are less optimal as the stock springs, then I really become dissapointed.

My advice to the original poster is to never hurry to buy something for the sake of "upgrading" or a "brand name" item because the name brings smiles to the masses. some have even discovered that certain "upgrades" actually end up performing like a "downgrade", especially when it comes to replacement springs.