Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI LCA relocation bracket help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UMI LCA relocation bracket help ASAP

i got the UMI bolt in LCA relocation brackets and am tryin to install them right now. the lca is unbolted and the shock is unbolted. the problem is this damn brake line bracket is right where i need to bolt the LCA bracket to. i don't want to have to cut it, and it doesn't look like i can remove it. car is in the air right now and i need it back on the road tomorrow

and this is a pic from the UMI site, notice the bracket is different. is my car wierd or something?

Old 10-19-2006, 05:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Cut the bracket as the two pictures from our site show. It is very easy to do and will not hurt the bracket or cause you any problems. Then you just use the top bolt to hold it in place.

I can't access our installation instructions since I am home for the day.. but maybe this was left out? I will double check them and add it if it was.

But again, just cut the bracket in half or right where the factory weld is and they will got right on. Use a hack saw, cut off wheel or recip saw.

Any more help needed just reply and I will try to check back shortly.

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 10-19-2006, 05:24 PM
TECH Junkie

i don't see anything in the instructions about that. simple fix and i was guessin that is what i was goin to have to do, but wasn't sure. oh well, guess ill have to finish up everything tomorrow. all part of moddin cars, if it goes easy, then whats the fun in that
Old 10-19-2006, 05:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I bought the UMI weld-in brackets, and my directions did mention altering the brake bracket.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:45 PM
FormerVendor

For some reason once you mentioned it I was afraid that might have been left out of the instructions, thats our fault and I apologize.

Thanks Jim, yea it is mentioned in the weld in instructions. We must have left it out on the bolt ins for some reason.

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 10-20-2006, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here's a pic of mine (mock up, I took the rear out and painted with POR-15+changed shocks). I think you could get away with not cutting the bracket but, bending it out of the way on the inside but it would look weird. I just took a cutoff wheel in there and carefully buzzed it off.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just bent the inner part of that brake bracket just enough to get the relo bracket on there. It looks kinda funny but I dont like cuttin...
Old 10-21-2006, 02:40 PM
TECH Junkie

i got it all put on. cut it right at the weld. only issue i have now is that the passenger side bracket made my rear end shift back about a 1/4 in. i had to pry to get the bolt in the hole. idk if this will affect anythign as far as handling or not yet.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:57 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Phoenix 5.7
i got it all put on. cut it right at the weld. only issue i have now is that the passenger side bracket made my rear end shift back about a 1/4 in. i had to pry to get the bolt in the hole. idk if this will affect anythign as far as handling or not yet.
It most likely did not move your rear end back... but instead when you unbolted the lower control arm the rear end shifted foward slightly. You then needed to pry it back in place, this is very normally and usually requires a second person to help push the rear end back into place.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 10-29-2006, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Juiced2000SS
Here's a pic of mine (mock up, I took the rear out and painted with POR-15+changed shocks). I think you could get away with not cutting the bracket but, bending it out of the way on the inside but it would look weird. I just took a cutoff wheel in there and carefully buzzed it off.
juiced or anyone else have any pics of these relocation brackets installed with wheels and tires on a car and the car being on the ground? id like to see how low they sit from behind. they look like they hang real low
Old 10-29-2006, 04:09 PM
TECH Junkie

ill try to get pics. they hang low, but being its next to the tires, clearance isn't a problem
Old 10-29-2006, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks alot, please post pics if you can...
Old 10-31-2006, 02:05 AM
TECH Junkie

I just got a pair of channel locks out and bent the bracket out of the way... it's easy and fixes the problem... no side fx either...
Old 11-02-2006, 01:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Phoenix 5.7
Do you have any pics of what it looks like installed, I want to order a pair, just want to verify where to cut.
Does it handle better.

Thanks
Old 11-02-2006, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

did you get a chance for the pics yet Phoenix 5.7? thanks
Old 11-02-2006, 10:02 AM
TECH Junkie

washin the car today. ill get some pics.

car doesn't handle any better on the street, but thats not what these were designed for. im goin to the track this weekend so ill see how they feel on a good launch