Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Tubular K member question

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

regardless of who put it in, imo your best bet will be to go to a Bodyshop with a frame machine(laser cause its quicker), and have them give you the print out to make sure the kmember placement is with in specs and hasnt moved so much that it wont allow for an alignment , if it has moved to much have them shim up the bolts and square up the kmember then have it aligned.

One of the reasons why goodyear might not have been able to align it was because it kept moving during the alignment process. And the banging you heard and felt was in the front correct almost like it was coming from the right under your feet?
Old 11-01-2006, 02:31 PM
Launching!

actually it was like it was coming from the front passenger fender area or door. Ill try to have my mechanic look at my car asap so I can figure out what the hell else is wrounge with this car. I have no idea who installed it I just got the car if you look at my sig! Thanx for your advice O snap just thought about it that front passenger fender is loose, well looks like I got some fixin to do! and while we are at it, is their any easy way to fix a ******* air leak from the doors?
Old 11-06-2006, 02:27 PM
TECH Resident

any updates?
Old 11-06-2006, 03:21 PM
Launching!

I went and took some pics of my doors. but then for some gay reason it woudlnt let me get them on my comp. I will try again today on that part. And hopefully is 1-3 weeks I will figure out this k member prob when I have it at my mechanics house.

Thanx for the interest in helping me.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:32 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Doc
"Alignment" in the case of a significant aftermarket suspension upgrade should not be left to the Nationwide sign above the place of business. In this day and age of in and out, the computerized setups can't account for a aftermarket system entirely. It takes a tech that has really been paying attention to what he/she has been actually doing and not just turning the wrench on the nut the computer tells him/her to turn on. The tech has to have a total grasp of how many different types of vehicles suspensions work in order to get this kind of job done. Goto your local tracks and ask around...names, businesses, will surface...the Yellowpages or Google will probably be hit and miss as you are looking for more than a shop that can provide entry level techs that can only follow instructions and not have enough experience to really "think" for themselves.
So very very true.
So much so, that I'm bumping this one for people to reread.

Quick Reply: Tubular K member question