Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Drilled/ Slotted rotors

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drilled/ Slotted rotors

can anybody recomend a good drilled/ slotted rotor for use with stock calipers? i saw that WS6store has a few to choose from. what would the major differences be between THIS set or THIS set. i know the first one has all 4 and if i went with the second choice i would get both the front or rear. any other recomendations are welcome but try to keep the price in the same range at least under the second set i listed.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:55 PM
TECH Regular

The first ws6store rotor kit that you have listed has been really good for me for the whole summer I have had them on my car. Price and service was great. I guess you have to look at what you want out of your setup, finish/look etc, but the second setup is different in the drilled holes vs slotted lines from the first kit.

I would get the first kit, some braided stainless stell brake lines, and some hawk pads and you would have a pretty sweet setup. After that I would save up for a complete upgrade to Wilwood or Baer.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Launching!

thanks for the info. in all honesty my stock breaks worked fine for me but now i have a warped rotor(s) so i thought i might as well upgrade. i don't really see a complete brake upgrade in the future, until something fails atleast. does anybody know if the second set is worth the extra money? it looks a little bit bitter IMO but unless there is some preformance/ quality difference i might just get the first one.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SLVR_99-Z
thanks for the info. in all honesty my stock breaks worked fine for me but now i have a warped rotor(s) so i thought i might as well upgrade.

Drilled and slotted rotor are not an upgrade in anything but appearance (if you like that look). If it's performance you want, save your money for good pads and solid rotors. A quick search on this site will turn up about 4 million threads with good information in them about drilled rotors. Or, check the sticky up at the top of this forum.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:16 PM
TECH Resident

I got my drilled and slotted rotors and performance brake pads for under $300 off of ebay. That was money well spent there is a big difference. And they look great. good investment.

pics:
http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n...20am/?start=20

ebay store:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAMAR...45573053QQrdZ1
Old 11-05-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

i got mine from summit racing.. its their brand but they are a big diffrence from stock ones, plus they look badass.. i have hawk pads
Old 11-05-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by White 96LT1
I got my drilled and slotted rotors and performance brake pads
Originally Posted by presto_z
i got mine from summit racing.. its their brand but they are a big diffrence from stock ones, plus they look badass.. i have hawk pads
The difference is the pads, that's where your increased performance came from.

Nobody ever wants to believe the truth....

I'm just trying to save you guys some money (again, that's unless you just want the look).
Old 11-05-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was going to buy the ws6store d/s rotors because my stock front rotors warped but i decided to buy the autozone duralast blanks and duralast gold pads. Its been two weeks and they work fine. Just like stock. And it only cost me $130
Old 11-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

In support of trackbird....
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/477787-need-help-explain-slotted-drilled-rotors.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....99&postcount=7
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=drilled
Old 11-06-2006, 06:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TB ... it's a waste of electrons.

The force is too great. We are being consumed by the ignorance and disposable income.

I had a face to face conversation not too long ago with a guy who was trying to convine me that S/CD rotors yielded more stopping power by using the age old "You see them on F1 cars".

I looked at his car and said "F1 cars have a wing and 15" tires. You goona install a wing and go to 15s?"

Marketing hype is so easily taken for fact.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

But what about these? Aren't these the ULTIMATE in stopping power?

Old 11-06-2006, 12:39 PM
Launching!

Those first ones look like some good pieces, I am not sure if they will fit the LS1 cars, if they will then that is a damn good price.

I have slotted and drilled rotors and they DID help with performance.....................

only because my old ones were so damn warped they couldn't stop the car!!

They don't help with performance but they do look good.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Launching!

i know they aren't going to stop any better. my car is a DD and it has never seen any track of any kind. probably never will being that there aren't any very close. stock brakes work fine so i don't need any upgrade. i'm pretty sure that i'm not going to see a decrease in stopping power. if i'm going to do new brakes i might as well make them look better.

yes the first ones say they are a direct OEM replacement for 93- 02 F-bodies, even the V8 cars. the price is almost making me think twice. so far i have heard a few good reviews though.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Honestly, I like the look of the drilled rotors but even the place that I bought them from told me that brembo blanks would be just as good, if not better. Just get a set of autozone duralast blanks and some hawk or pbr metal-master pads and be done with it. It seems like you don't need much of an upgrade and most people on here don't. The stock f-body brakes perform well until you start to notice fade, warping in the rotors, and dusting. I remember when I first got my car, I was amazed when I did a sudden stop from 60 mph.

Anyway, if you want a little more life out of your rotors get some brembo blanks or autozone duralast rotors.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Launching!

i really don't want blanks. i dont need any preformance upgrade. i just want some decent drilled and slotted rotors. i like the looks, nothing more.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well then you have options.

ws6store for 170 plus shipping (front and rear)
brembo ~ 250 shipped (front) stranoparts or tirerack
summitracing rotors
EBC rotors
baer eradispeeds

I'd go with brembo, but ws6store would be fine. It all depends on how much you want to spend.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

Again, Baer brakes make some street rotors that are cross drilled and also slotted and are sold thru Auto zone. Their called eradispeed street rotors and they have a 2 year warranty against warpage.They look killer, direct replacement and work with the stock calipers.And man do they ever work. What a difference from the stock rotors that warp after the first hi-speed stop. Some really GOOD pads will even enhance braking more. NO not Hawk pads, get green pads or brute stop pads or best brake products. Now if we could only get rid of the dreaded soft pedal syndrome.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got mine from wholesale direct(sponser), I've had them for probably two years with out any problems. My stock rotors warped 4 times by that time there were too thin.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

I know that drilled/slotted rotors are not better at stoping than blanks. but it somehow always was my understanding that thoes kind of rotors had better cooling than blanks and culd handle better manny hard stops in a row without heating to much
Old 12-06-2006, 03:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by old and good
I know that drilled/slotted rotors are not better at stoping than blanks. but it somehow always was my understanding that thoes kind of rotors had better cooling than blanks and culd handle better manny hard stops in a row without heating to much

Generally after several hard stops in a row, they just crack. Then it's a moot point about how hot they got. Baer says not to run Eradispeeds on a road course. That should tell you something right there.

Quick Reply: Drilled/ Slotted rotors