Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Stock shocks with an Eibach Pro Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 07:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Stock shocks with an Eibach Pro Kit?

Do you guys think I could use my stock shocks with an Eibach Pro Kit? If not, what kind of shocks should I use with the Pro Kit?
Old 11-06-2006, 01:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends on what you want to do with your car...

There are quite a few owners that changed their springs to the Eibach prokits and left their stock shocks...they have a bone jarring ride though...
Contact Sam Strano, be ready to spend some time with him, he'll be asking you questions, the more information you give him the better advice he can give to you regarding your suspension. Sam's a sponsor on this site, he's been autoxing our f-body cars for years, he even won the national championship a few years back, he knows our suspension setup better than just about anyone I know of...
Old 11-07-2006, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the eibach pro-kit on my car with stock shocks and to be honest it rides about the same as it did stock..
Old 11-07-2006, 11:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

most people recommend the revalved bilsteins from sam strano, but i don't have the money for them right now so im gonna run stock
Old 11-08-2006, 11:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by 01m6ss
i have the eibach pro-kit on my car with stock shocks and to be honest it rides about the same as it did stock..
And that's a good thing? The stock shocks don't ride great in the first place, and lack a lot of damping. So when you did the springs, the lack of damping still is apparent (since it was already, now just more so), and the ride was never anything to write home about.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!