Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Replacing Panhard Rod Bushings?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 11:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Panhard Rod Bushings?

I want to replace the bushings in the stock panhard rod with polyurethane bushings. I am wondering if I can do this by myself w/o any specialized equipment and part numbers for the bushings.

TIA, and if anyone has done this please post results if ride changed/noise.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Launching!

I know you can buy the poly bushings by themselves but im not sure if they are a universal size for our cars or not (The bore will be the same but not sure about the overall diameter). Im guessing you would have to measure and get some because i dont think theyre all the same but i could be wrong. If you do find some that will fit you shouldnt need any special tools. Some aftermarket panhard bars you have to install the bushings that come with it. As noise you will have a little more road noise not to mention the typical poly sqeeks you get if not grease up just right. Didnt completey answer your question but hope its helps a little.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by White_LightningZ
I want to replace the bushings in the stock panhard rod with polyurethane bushings. I am wondering if I can do this by myself w/o any specialized equipment and part numbers for the bushings.

TIA, and if anyone has done this please post results if ride changed/noise.
The quick answer is No. You will need a press IMO. One idea is head up to a brake shop like 'Just Brakes' or 'Brake Check' and ask the manager if you can pay them to press out and press in your new bushings. Then maybe check with a machine shop if their price is anything more then 20 bucks. Obviously, this is with you removing the stock pan hard rod and bringing it up to them with the poly bushings in hand ready to go.

All in all, I'd suggest just buying an aftermarket one though. In the end, you probably won't be saving much and the after market piece will be stronger.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:10 PM
POC
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jeffstar
All in all, I'd suggest just buying an aftermarket one though. In the end, you probably won't be saving much and the after market piece will be stronger.
I totally agree.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You can get a new panhard bar from us for $62.95 right now with our sale

www.umiperformance.com/2020.aspx