Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

I Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need Help!!!

Well I had a Moser 9" put in my car and a new clutch. He also put a adjustable spohn torque arm! Everytime i get in it alittle and let out it makes a big pop sound and you can fill in in your seat. It is worse in reverse. It is a body mount tq arm, I bought it used and i was wondering it anybody has ran into this problem. I don't know if I need to replace the bushing's or what. PLEASE HELP ME!!!! Thanks Jimmy
Old 11-12-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would go through and look at if all the bolts and everything are torqued to spec first to make sure thats all tight and correct. secondly i would look to see if the rear end is completely centered and lined up correctly in the body, after that check to see if the rear end is banging up against the body if that is the case its time for a big *** hammer for some clearancing
Old 11-13-2006, 05:39 AM
Launching!

Mine is doing exactly the same thing except I have the stock 10 bolt still. It feels like the rear end is loose or something. And it bangs almost every time the trans (a4) shifts gears. Like a loud popping noise. I was going to put in new motor and trans mounts to see if that makes a difference.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

Well i took it to the oil change place right next door to me. Looked up under the car and it just looks like the tq arm is hitting the body. No big deal! Hammer should do the trick!!!!!! You should check yours too see if you having the same problem. Thats if you have a adjustable spohn tq arm (body mount). Thanks for yalls help!! Thanks Jimmy
Old 11-13-2006, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hooper
Mine is doing exactly the same thing except I have the stock 10 bolt still. It feels like the rear end is loose or something. And it bangs almost every time the trans (a4) shifts gears. Like a loud popping noise. I was going to put in new motor and trans mounts to see if that makes a difference.
**** forgot the mounts, try those too
Old 11-13-2006, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

Im sorry, I don't understand what your trying to say.

Jimmy
Old 11-13-2006, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00WHITETA
Im sorry, I don't understand what your trying to say.

Jimmy
which one?
Old 11-13-2006, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

nm read it again and understand now!! Sorry
Old 11-15-2006, 06:13 AM
Launching!

Well i took it to the oil change place right next door to me. Looked up under the car and it just looks like the tq arm is hitting the body. No big deal! Hammer should do the trick!!!!!! You should check yours too see if you having the same problem. Thats if you have a adjustable spohn tq arm (body mount). Thanks for yalls help!! Thanks Jimmy
Where did you hit the floor with the hammer? My noise seems to be coming from behind the drivers seat. And yes, it's adjustable. Also, in the forward bolt in the ta, do you have lots of play? Thanks.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

I haven't got around to it gonna do it 2 marrow. Been trying to get my Harlan 2 Step hooked up correctly. It is right where the bolts on the tq arm meet up to the plate that hooks to the 9". It is to the right when looking to the rear of the car. No I don't have any play. Is your car a M6 or A4? I talked to Spohn they say there is not spose to be any play there. You might have a broke mount. Try replacing your bushing. And yes it is comming from behind the drivers seat feels like something is about to come through the damn floor!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 02:01 PM
Launching!

I haven't got around to it gonna do it 2 marrow. Been trying to get my Harlan 2 Step hooked up correctly. It is right where the bolts on the tq arm meet up to the plate that hooks to the 9". It is to the right when looking to the rear of the car. No I don't have any play. Is your car a M6 or A4? I talked to Spohn they say there is not spose to be any play there. You might have a broke mount. Try replacing your bushing. And yes it is comming from behind the drivers seat feels like something is about to come through the damn floor!!!
Do Spohn sell the replacement bushing? My car is an A4.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Hooper
Do Spohn sell the replacement bushing? My car is an A4.
Time for a bump. I'm still having this problem. I'm going to adjust my pinion angle to see if that helps. The car has been in storage for a while so I haven't had a chance to try and fix this ongoing problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Launching!

Adjusted the pinion angle (-2 degrees) and I'm still getting the banging noise just behind driver's seat. Any ideas?