Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni's which one

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Koni's which one

hopefully sam strano will jump in i want to get some koni's dont know if i want to lower it right down but if i do it will be with dms springs. what konis would be a good price i need them asap
Old 11-14-2006, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

And whats the difference between the two sets that hes got KONI4/4 and KONI3/4 (besides price and spring rate) Would the 3rd gen rear make your car lower then the 4th? I know you can use the 4th to lower by using the lower perch and removing the spring isolator. What if you plan on getting Stranosprings to lower it- which set of shocks would best complement his springs?? (cuz Im getting some!!! )
Old 11-14-2006, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

The difference between the 3rd gens and the 4th gens, are on-car adjustability.

4th Gen Koni Single Adjustables are what you want.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:48 PM
TECH Regular

I was looking at Koni's and one has a fixed spring perch the other is adjustable,is the fixed perch the factory setting.I read they had a dropped perch,but I didn't know they were adjustable.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hope you get your springs in a timely fashion.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Time to dispel a few myths:

• The adjustability of Koni SA's is rebound, not ride height.
  • The front Koni SA's have a c-clip that can be mounted in two places on the shock body. This determines where the spring perch sits, thus determining the ride height of the FRONT of the vehicle.
  • In the rear, shocks have nothing to do with ride height. Only the springs determine that.
  • The heater hose mod is for the rear springs and has nothing to do with the shocks. You can do the heater hose mod on the rear springs with any shocks, but the ride might suck afterwards, especially on stock deCarbons.
  • Koni 3rd gen rears are not on-car adjustable. Also, I believe the adjustment on the 3rd gen's is more coarse than the 4th gen's, but I could be wrong (it's happened before and it will happen again).
-Mike
Old 11-15-2006, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

You can always call Sam. Also I agree with what these people say.

And there tons of info if you search on Koni also.

Good luck with your purchase. I have the 4/4 setup.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
.[*]Koni 3rd gen rears are not on-car adjustable. Also, I believe the adjustment on the 3rd gen's is more coarse than the 4th gen's, but I could be wrong (it's happened before and it will happen again).[/list]-Mike
I thought it was the other way around..
Old 11-15-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Runn
I thought it was the other way around..
Which part? The on-car adjustable part I'm 100% sure of, since I have the 4th gens. The coarse/fine adjustment part I'm not sure of, but I'm pretty sure I remember Sam telling me that when I was making my decision to purchase.

-Mike
Old 11-15-2006, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Which part? The on-car adjustable part I'm 100% sure of, since I have the 4th gens. The coarse/fine adjustment part I'm not sure of, but I'm pretty sure I remember Sam telling me that when I was making my decision to purchase.

-Mike
I´ve got it all wrong then... I thought the 3gen was easier to adjust on the car.

I not sure if i should buy 3gen or 4gen rear for my car.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:23 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

4/3's are less expensive, but the rears have less adjustment and you have to take them off to do it.

4/4's are more expensive, rears are more flexible in how much adjustment they have and are done right on the car in a few seconds.

Both the above use the same front shock, which has the two position spring perch height. DA's do not have that feature.

And to SmokeySS. I'm guessing your the gentleman who's springs didn't ship? Sorry, I wish I could say we were absolutely perfect, but alas we are human too and simply forgot to ship the springs. I'm sure we apologized, and if not, I'm sorry. If you are indeed that person, they are sitting on my shipping counter right now with a label on them and the FedEx driver will pick them up in a few hours.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-15-2006, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey- I work for FedEX!!! just got home!! but who cares....