Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Installation of LCA's, relo's, & SFC's...Any hints?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 11:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installation of LCA's, relo's, & SFC's...Any hints?

Well as the title says guys I am finally gonna get a chance to put my UMI LCA's, UMI relocation brackets, and UMI Subframe connectors on my car tomm. Any hints or helpful advice in installation or anything else I should know before installing these parts tomm. I will keep you guys posted as to how things go hopefully can get some pics up soon.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Staging Lane

It's much easier to replace lcas one at a time. I have no info on sfc and relocation brackets because I have yet to even put mine on. Hopefully you got the weld on ones, being as I can't weld anyways. Mine isn't on the road right now so before I put it on the road I will get this stuff welded up. Good luck
Old 11-21-2006, 09:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by legal disaster
It's much easier to replace lcas one at a time.

you're supposed to do it one side at a time.

make sure you have a hammer or mallet nearby when putting the reloc brackets on. they gave a lot of trouble. other than that it's pretty easy.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:24 AM
Staging Lane

Well i ended up getting the LCA's on and the relo brackets on. everything went pretty good for the most part except I was torqueing the very last bolt on the drivers side LCA and ended up smashing my middle finger right into a sharp groove on the bottom of our cars. Luckily I had my mechanics gloves on so I thought it might just be bruised but at further looking I hit my nail so hard that I broke my whole nail off so my right hand isnt doing so hot right now but I am fightin thru it. Luckily I got my father to help me weld the SFC's on which we are gonna try to get put on the car today so hopefully they won't give me any trouble. I am pleased with how the LCA's/Relo brackets feel. The car has ABSOLUTELY no wheel hop anymore and feels much more solid and better specially when going over bumps and stuff so I can't wait to see what the SFC's will do also in solidifying the car.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NviouSS
you're supposed to do it one side at a time.
Yeah, understood. But I own a third gen camaro and was replacing the rear end when I put in my adj lcas on so doing them one at a time wasn't an option. But when I said it's easier to do one side at a time that is what I meant.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by legal disaster
Yeah, understood. But I own a third gen camaro and was replacing the rear end when I put in my adj lcas on so doing them one at a time wasn't an option. But when I said it's easier to do one side at a time that is what I meant.

i gotcha

Quick Reply: Installation of LCA's, relo's, & SFC's...Any hints?