Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

weird front suspension feeling

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 01:56 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default weird front suspension feeling

the past week or so I've been noticing a weird feeling in the front suspension. when I try to turn at close to lock (like if I'm pulling into a parking stop) teh front tires feel like they're skipping, like somethings loose.

the steering wheels also cocked a bit to the side, and when the front tires touch something when I'm in the middle of a turn (like a bump or some plumbing construct) they kind of slide over it. Very loose feeling.

I was playing around a bit last year and came up on a curb at about 5 mph, but that was long time ago and didn't do any damage. Other then that I haven't hit a single thing, so I can't think of anything that's broken.

I was having a clunking sound in the front around june which I thought was a ball joint but after I lubricated the poly mounts on my front sway the sound went away so I figured that was it. Was it just a co-incidence and is the ball joint about to fail? What is something to look for? I've already taken the wheels off and started pushing and pulling on things and can't find anything loose.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

Default I get the same thing

Whenever the wheel is full lock and I'm turning very slow, like into a parking space, I get that front end wiggle feeling. I figured it was the angle of the tires touching the ground and hence normal. Maybe somebody else knows what it is.

bob
Old 12-05-2006, 12:51 AM
Launching!

Nah, that's not it. It never happened before, and it literally feels like somethings going to fall off. I just can't find anything obvious. I'm going to have to take it to get an alignment.