Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

need suspension/bumpstop help

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 08:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need suspension/bumpstop help

I have the Eibach sportline springs all the way around, Bilstein shocks all the way around, adjustable lower control arms, and adjustable panhard bar. I got the springs off ebay used for about 2000 miles (so he said), everything else I got new. The passanger rear hits the bumpstop all the time and sits about 1 1/2" lower than the drivers side rear. I do not know what to do. I have heard of springs sagging. Should I get new sportlines and just replace the rears and sell the fronts. Because the front springs i have on there now are fine. I also did not know if it was a good idea to just replace the rear springs with the Eibach Prokit springs. That way it would raise the rear a little. Them I would have the sportlines on the front and the Prokits on the rear. My plan eventually is to get the Bilstein BTS suspension package, but I need to fix this problem until then. Please let me know something ASAP. thanks everyone.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:05 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check that the spring isolators and springs are
located, rotated identically side-side. Or maybe
you got a "grab bag assortment". Heh.

You can mix-n-match springs axle-wise. I have
stock in back minus donut and Hotchkiss in front.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:08 PM
TECH Regular

the problem isn't the the springs so as the shocks,Bilsteins don't have the damping needed for that drop,I have the same problem with a pro kit,I come to conculsion that the rear shocks need a lot of rebound to set the car faster.I have done quit abite a researsh and the only real way to fix is it with some $$$$ shocks like Koni's,or you might try some of Strano's revalve Bilstiens there cheaper,that's where I am at with my car,trying to decide what set-up to go with.

I did have someone suggest getting an air bag put in the right rear spring,I haven't tried it,but they say it works.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

But why is it just the one passenger side and not the driver side? If the shocks do not have the rebound needed wouldnt both rears be low? I adjusted the panhard bar a week ago and it leveled it out some, but then I changed to newer control arms and now it is back down.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check too, that there is not something funny
about the sway bar endlink heights, sway bar
way off center, etc. Sway bar bent torsionally
or different-length links can bias the roll. Maybe
just disconnect the links and see about that.

If you are hitting the bump stops full time I
wonder if a shock may have been tweaked, some
do not like overtravel (well, I guess none do but
the travel limit for bent probably varies).
Old 12-04-2006, 01:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by brienjustin
But why is it just the one passenger side and not the driver side? If the shocks do not have the rebound needed wouldnt both rears be low? I adjusted the panhard bar a week ago and it leveled it out some, but then I changed to newer control arms and now it is back down.

Good question and that's one I haven't figure out yet either.These car set lower on the pass side anyway,I hadn't thought about sway bar links in the rear,I mite try that myself.

I have tried alot of differnet combo's.

Switched every side to side.
Took the isolater of the drivers side, left it on the pass.
but stock springs in, drivers w/o isolater,pass with and the car still sit's high on the drivers side.

It's a mystery to me,But to keep it of the bump stops it needs rebound and comperssion for that fact.

i understand your problem,I'm dealing with it too
Old 12-05-2006, 08:59 AM
On The Tree

Does anybody know what the hardest springs are? I am looking for stiff springs that will also lower the car in the rear about 1.25". It has to be a problem with the rear spring, because all of the other 3 corners are good, it is just the passenger rear. So I am just going to replace the one rear or both rears i guess. I mean I am out of ideas.