Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

G2 F-Body Coil Over Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default G2 F-Body Coil Over Kit

I did a search but came up with nothing.

I'm looking at the LGmotorsports G-2 CoilOver Kit I've been told it's the best. Can anyone else confirm this? Is there a better route?
Old 12-08-2006, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

What are you using the vehicle for, or what are your future intentions with the vehicle?
Old 12-08-2006, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

It would be on a 2002 camaro ss and he wants sick handling. He's putting probably a forged 347ci with 12:1 compression.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

In other words, Daily driver? Auto cross? Road Racing?

You're talking engine while we need you to talk suspension. FWIW, I have had the same suspension on my other f-body when it had stock HP, all of the way up to ~500 RWHP. Handling characteristics remained the same, until I changed characteristics dealing with the suspension itself, and other factors besides the engine.

Last edited by Foxxtron; 12-08-2006 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm sorry if I don't know full details, I'm asking for a friend. Anyways it will mainly be a daily driver. He will be putting around 400-450rwhp. He wants to have great handling and traction. He thinks this set is the best and worth the $2,000+ and I think he can get the same for less.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

bingo, you're on the money.

Actually I apologise if it came off a little blunt. A big problem is that many imagine that suspension has to always match HP, which in reality all of the HP added to anotherwise unchanged chassis and suspension is really more help in the straightaways and some corner exit (though torque is more responsible for that).

While I in no way dislike the G2 CO (as you notice by my sig), there are much more feasible options for a daily driver. Heck, there are always the G2 supersprings and Sam strano's springs, plus there Koni SA shocks or Bilstein revalves. If he's mostly a daily driver, he is most likely not going to make use of the adjustible spring perches, especially when there are other alignment factors that need changing when adjusting ride height, and ride height adjustment is only the very first step when it comes to adjustible spring perches.

AFA getting the same for less, here's my take on it. You'll come awfully close to it, and maybe have more usable options for a lot less money and less modifications. While we're on that note, I'd like to reintroduce this sticky:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/513475-canyon-carving-street-suspension-setup-review-long.html

Amazing how little modification needs to be spent to improve performance of these cars.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:15 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with an adjustable coil-over setup on my car (Ground Controls though), and I'm kinda sad I spent the money doing it. Once I had them set, I never touched them again. If I had to do it over again, I'd get Strano's springs and some Konis and be done with it. Actually, that's what I'll be doing this next year.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:18 AM
TECH Veteran

I have the G2 Coilovers on my daily driver (at least it WAS my daily driver but it is moving more and more away from that) and WOULD NOT have anything else! I LOVE THEM! I have had them on for about 4 years, almost 50K miles, and never wanted anything else. I first had the G2 "super springs" and just was not happy with their performance (not stiff enough to perform as I wanted the car to).
Old 12-10-2006, 02:49 AM
Launching!

They are a good piece, but in my opinion might be overkill unless he is getting into some competitive racing. If he went with some Koni's or revalved Bilsteins and some new bars I think he would see a MAJOR improvement.

I plan to get some coilovers........well I am going to make them myself but I like to autoX and road race my car as much as possible, if I just used it for a DD and a few events I would go a different route.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:06 AM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run them on my car. I've only had them on for about 5k miles (2 years), since I only drive the car on nice days. The car handles the *****, and has a MEAN stance. The roads around here are actually very well kept, so I don't have too much trouble with the ride/LT headers.

I just bolted these in, set them and forgot about them. Pretty soon I'll be corner-weighting the car, and working all the other small items out in my suspension.

Awesome pieces, though mine took over 6 MONTHS to get... and I paid up front. The service @ LG sucks, and I'm not afraid to let everyone know about it. The parts do work as advertised....

Theres always a better setup out there. Penskes, customs setups, etc. It's all about purpose and how much $$$ do you want to spend. On a street car, you probably won't even know the difference between a revalved set of Stranos/Bilsteins and the coil overs.

Quick Reply: G2 F-Body Coil Over Kit