Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need some Suspension Help.Need a smooth ride again

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 11:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some Suspension Help.Need a smooth ride again

well im looking into gettin rid of my rough rideing and squeeking suspension and beef it up a lil bit.im looking to get some rear shocks ,subframe connectors,and Strut Tower Brace..I figure this should significantly improve the way it rides and handles without goin overboard on other items .My car is a DD with a occasion race at the track and street so with these additions it should be fine .but whats some good brands for this that i should look into also what about the Sum Frams any recomendations thanks guys
Old 12-25-2006, 03:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which rear shocks do you have in mind, and why just the rears?

Depending on which shocks you go with, you may not notice a difference unless your current rear shocks are blown. Also, most people report a firmer ride after SFCs which is not what you are looking for. STB are good to lean on when working on the engine and look pretty, but don't do much else since 4th gens do not have struts.

I would skip the SFCs and STB for now, and just spend the money on a good set of shocks. A set of Bilstein HDs cost around $300 and will work well as long as you stay with the stock springs. If you lower the car later on, they won't do as wel though unless you get them revalved for the new spring rates. Or you can spend about $700 for the Koni single adjustables and use whatever spring you want. Good luck.