Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Eibach Sportline vs Pro

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Eibach Sportline vs Pro

I was wondering what you guys think about the sportline springs, will it be to low? BTW Im just on a stock Bilstein suspension. Do any of you have any links or pics of what the sportlines look like and what the Pro Lines look like on Trans Ams.
thanks
Old 12-28-2006, 06:52 PM
TECH Resident

the sportlines are going to be too low for daily driving. your exhaust will scrape a lot on areas of the road where stock suspension wouldn't, not to mention sometimes it sounds terrible when you bottom out. makes you wonder if something is getting ripped out from underneath your car. you have to relearn how to drive with those springs, especially if your city's got bad roads. a buddy of mine has the prokits on his formula and while they look pretty much like the sportlines they ride a lot better, i hear, and he hardly ever bottoms out. i'm looking to get rid of my springs quick. for looks, the sportlines are sick but i hate the ride.

just my 2 cents.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Do you got any pics of what his car looks like with them on? Because looks is my main concern, but I will be doing autocrossing once a month so I would like a little stiffer suspension. And I know what your talking about with that niose around town when it bottoms out, my friends car is like that, everytime it happens he curses the roads out lol.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawk_479
Do you got any pics of what his car looks like with them on? Because looks is my main concern, but I will be doing autocrossing once a month so I would like a little stiffer suspension. And I know what your talking about with that niose around town when it bottoms out, my friends car is like that, everytime it happens he curses the roads out lol.
If you get sportlines for autox, you better get Koni's to compensate that the Sportlines are not much stiffer than factory springs so taking turns quick on sportlines does not compute...Unless jo0 got Koni shocks or at LEAST revalved Bilstein's...

Eibach Prokit springs are definitely stiffer than the sportlines...Okay, they won't be sitting as low as the sportlines, they're a MUCH better performance spring though.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the input man.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Check the sticky up top for pics.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Prokit def with a better springrate.

But if I were to do Strano vs Prokit, I'd go Strano
Old 12-30-2006, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Prokit def with a better springrate.

But if I were to do Strano vs Prokit, I'd go Strano
Me too, absolutely.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:41 PM
12 Second Club

whats the difference between the two (strano vs. prokit)
Old 01-02-2007, 03:15 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by HossZ28
whats the difference between the two (strano vs. prokit)
First of all you need to know that Sam Strano truly is an f-body guru when it comes to setting up for autoX events, and basically setting your car up for autoX will give you a great handling machine...

Sam won the SCCA National autoX championship a few years back, he has tried a lot of different spring rates as well as swaybars and PHR's and stuff, so he decided to make specific swaybars AND springs to his specifications, and FWIW he would know what does work for our cars IMHO...

Using his springs with either a set of Koni SA's or even the revalved Bilstein's and you got yourself a hot **** handling machine!