Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brembo blanks - where to buy?

Old 12-29-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brembo blanks - where to buy?

Tire Rack is evidently backordered until 1/12/07, and a quick online search didn't bring anything up. Do any of the sponsors on here sell them, or do any major parts stores carry them?
Old 12-29-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Call Strano... >> a sponser here.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chicane
Call Strano... >> a sponser here.
Yep. I had a rep from Tire Rack call me back and tell me last week that the Brembos were discontinued after I had told him I could wait, as the Hawk pads were also on backorder. I placed the order with Sam Strano online right after I hung up.

Sam called me later that afternoon to let me know he had received my order and that he had the Brembos in stock and would ship after Christmas as he was going to be with his mom.

I was in no real hurry to get them, esp. after hearing about his mom. But the Brembos arrived today. Great service, great guy, and I'll be ordering again from him very soon.

And I wish you mom the best, Sam!
Old 12-29-2006, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Very good, just put in my order with him. No rush, I know what he's going through, and car parts are just car parts.

Interesting that they've been discontinued...I really don't want to run drilled and slotted, nor do I want to go with AutoZone rotors, but the other alternative - just slotted - doesn't really make the wallet happy. Oh well...maybe the WS.6 Store stuff next go-round.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

To be honest, I'm not sure if they are discontinued. But that's very much what the rep told me. I asked the guy several times if they were discontinued or backordered and he kept saying discontinued without a model number listed. Who knows. If they were really discontinued I'd suspect they wouldn't keep updating the in-stock date.

I now have all Brembos and new Hawk pads (they also came today). I hope to get them on in the next month when I get a chance.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll be installing the Brembos up front, along with a set of HPS pads. Rear is staying stock pads/rotors for now...going to upgrade them later, but I want to get my LCAs and all in back there first.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think the Brembo blanks were discontinued. I know they changed their part number, so someone may think they are discontinued by looking up the old part number.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:28 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
I don't think the Brembo blanks were discontinued. I know they changed their part number, so someone may think they are discontinued by looking up the old part number.
Correct, the part number has recently changed for Brembo blanks, they have not been discontinued, new part number is 27249 (the old part number was 27181). I called Brembo about the new part number a few weeks ago when I ordered mine, and they told me that nothing has changed just the number.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:45 PM
Staging Lane

Someone at Tire Rack might want to let their reps know.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brembo blanks - where to buy?