Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Thumbs up to Strano Parts & a question...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thumbs up to Strano Parts & a question...

I called the Strano Parts tech line a few minutes ago, expecting to hear Sam answer. The person who actually picked up the phone was a woman, whom I can assume was Arlyn, Sam's mom. I must say that I have never met a nicer person in dealing with vendors and the knowledge she had for me was invaluable. She is a tough woman for coming to work while feeling sick and staying past 4:00pm on a Friday afternoon.

I must say that Sam Strano runs a top notch business, even while having some problems not relating to the business.

Thanks Sam for all your help!

I have one question though, about the 3rd gen rear Koni SA. There is a ball on the top of the shock body, and I don't know what it does. I pushed it when I first received the shocks on Christmas morning. Did I ruin something, or release the gas inside the shock(I DID NOT hear a hissing)?

Or is that the button to push while adjusting the rebound on the rear shocks?
Old 01-05-2007, 03:13 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

That's my Mom the work-a-holic. She's actually at home where she should be resting from her surgery and getting rested for the Chemotherapy to come in about 10 days, and *not* answering the phone (there is an extension @ her house). Thanks for the heads up, we'll have a little talk.

The "ball" is the button you need to push and hold while turning the shock shaft to change the rebound setting on those rear shocks. It's not a bleeder or gas valve, just how you engage the adjustment mechanism on those shocks (and the shock MUST be fully extended to adjust).

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 01-05-2007, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again Sam there is no one who takes care of customers as well as you do!

Old 01-05-2007, 05:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

Thank you, I try (and don't always manage), but I do my best. Which reminds me I have something I need to take care of I forgot all about...... Thanks!

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!