Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Sam Strano--When are you having a sale or group purchase on Bilstein revalves?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sam Strano--When are you having a sale or group purchase on Bilstein revalves?

I need some shocks to go with my eibachs and want to get the revalves. Are you having any sales?
Old 01-06-2007, 08:32 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Usually Sam does not run sales on items like that. Mostly because the little bit of profit he does make on them pays for the advice and recommendations he gives on your set-up.

I could be wrong
Old 01-06-2007, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think Sam already has some of the best prices anywhere (sorry UMI Performance) and the customer support and knowledge you gain from talking with him is invaluable.
I think his prices for a set of revalve Bilsteins are about as low as you wil find ANYWHERE. He has to have those custom valved through Bilstein and that, I am sure, cost extra $.

Just my .02
Old 01-06-2007, 02:23 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gun5l1ng3r
I think Sam already has some of the best prices anywhere (sorry UMI Performance) and the customer support and knowledge you gain from talking with him is invaluable.
I think his prices for a set of revalve Bilsteins are about as low as you wil find ANYWHERE. He has to have those custom valved through Bilstein and that, I am sure, cost extra $.

Just my .02
You might have misunderstood, I am backing Sam up... not trying to steal his sale? Strano's actually carry our products.

Ryan
Old 01-06-2007, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gun5l1ng3r

Just my .02
He does have a one of a kind product with the revalved bilsteins so you can't realy compare those but if you compare regular bilstein hd's, his prices are higher, as well as his eibach pro kit which I have priced.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Usually Sam does not run sales on items like that. Mostly because the little bit of profit he does make on them pays for the advice and recommendations he gives on your set-up.

I could be wrong
I agree that he is very knowledgeable and that is something some people pay for.

I always read posts asking about revalved bilsteins but it doesn't seem like there are very many people at all that have them and give replies about how they work. A sale would increase the number of shocks out there and increase word of mouth on boards like this which would increase business but that's just my thought.

I know I'm not the only one on teetering between regular HD's and the revalves. A reasonable sale price on the revalves and he would probably get my business.

Last edited by KillerTA; 01-06-2007 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Launching!

The regular HD's will not control a lowering spring. They need to be revalved to do so, hence the price jack for a shock custom suited to your specific needs. Bilstein HD shocks are NOT intended for lowered vehicles! Hope that helps.

From the source. Check the disclaimer at the top!

http://www.bilstein.com/302passengercars.pdf

Jon
Old 01-06-2007, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KillerTA
I agree that he is very knowledgeable and that is something some people pay for.

I always read posts asking about revalved bilsteins but it doesn't seem like there are very many people at all that have them and give replies about how they work. A sale would increase the number of shocks out there and increase word of mouth on boards like this which would increase business but that's just my thought.

I know I'm not the only one on teetering between regular HD's and the revalves. A reasonable sale price on the revalves and he would probably get my business.
Sam makes each set to work with your car, revalves are not a off the shelf sale.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For some of us, it is kinda hard to give a reply about how they work. The revalved Bilsteins and Ground Control Coil Over kit was one of the first things I did to my suspension (and my car for that matter), so I don't really have a basis for comparison. For what it's worth, I'm going to be going with Sam's lowering springs later on this year, and I'll most likely be getting Koni SAs along with them. I'll be more than happy, at that point, to give you my thoughts on the revalves vs. the Konis.

I've been very pleased with the overall ride and handling of my car with the revalves though. I think it rides very well for a lowered car. I'd recommend them, if only for the fact that Sam will match them to your car, making it essentially a one-off kinda deal. To me, that's what sets your car apart from the rest.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the eibach springs(pro-kit - the only ones sams wife would let me get with the re-valves) and the re-valve shocks/struts. I had 110k and 18 in rims on the car when installing the set-up. The difference is night and day!!!!!!! It rides so much better now....seriously it is a great set-up. The car handels great and handles most of the bumps great. The only bumps it cannot hanlde are the big huge ones. I havent measured in for a while but I think there might be a slight amout of spring sag; eibach concern not strano. The ride isnt choppy at all, unlike most lowered cars. I really do like them. If you want anymore fedback just ask.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 846 Likes on 647 Posts

I have Sam revalved Bilsteins and they flat out rock. They are very livable on a daily driver with 1LE springs. Much better than the Tokicos I had on my stang.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
For some of us, it is kinda hard to give a reply about how they work. The revalved Bilsteins and Ground Control Coil Over kit was one of the first things I did to my suspension (and my car for that matter), so I don't really have a basis for comparison. For what it's worth, I'm going to be going with Sam's lowering springs later on this year, and I'll most likely be getting Koni SAs along with them. I'll be more than happy, at that point, to give you my thoughts on the revalves vs. the Konis.

I've been very pleased with the overall ride and handling of my car with the revalves though. I think it rides very well for a lowered car. I'd recommend them, if only for the fact that Sam will match them to your car, making it essentially a one-off kinda deal. To me, that's what sets your car apart from the rest.

what rates are you running? sorry
Old 01-07-2007, 12:21 AM
Launching!

I suppose I should mention that I have a set of Sam's springs and a set of revalves sitting here in my spare bedroom/office waiting to go on my car (i've been to busy!). It should be a great addition. I'll be more than happy to say how they are once they are on car.

Jon
Old 01-08-2007, 11:11 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

I rarely have sales. And those never go on sale, they aren't exactly a high-profit margin item. They take time to sell because the valving rates have to be speced, which take more than a little time.

Aside from that stuff, sales are generally only happen for 3 reasons. 1. You stuff isn't up to par for the price you are asking (GM knows about that). 2. You have nice stuff, but are out of your mind on pricing anyway like your stuff is gold-plated. 3. The economy is down and you need to drum up some business. Sometimes you'll see a little something from me based on 3, but never 1 or 2. I try and make sure I charge a fair price all the time.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 01-08-2007, 04:34 PM
TECH Junkie

The revalves price seems pretty good to me. What else is there on the market that's worth getting for a lower price?
Old 01-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by z28bryan
The revalves price seems pretty good to me. What else is there on the market that's worth getting for a lower price?
Aparently Monroe Sensatracs according to some posts on here
Old 01-08-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 01-08-2007, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL!!!!, but the Monroe Sales Poster says they offer superior wheel control!

Quick Reply: Sam Strano--When are you having a sale or group purchase on Bilstein revalves?