Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension overhaul ?s

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 11:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension overhaul ?s

Let me preface this by saying that my car has been in Las Vegas it's entire life, so everything rubber is kinda shot, dried out and beyond greasing.

Over the next couple months I plan on overhauling the suspension. The car is a DD and only raced maybe 2-3 times a year. I'm planning on replacing the shocks with my tax returns. Also in the future I'll be looking to replace the PHR, sway bars, springs, maybe the LCA's, but that stuff is kinda far off. In the meantime I'd like to replace the rubber bushings and whatnot that are shot to **** to eliminate some of the squeaks and travel that I know the parts have. I'm looking to replace at least the stock LCA bushings maybe with some 1LE bushings and anything else that could be going downhill.

What I need to know is what else I should replace, what parts won't add a lot of road noise or vibration, and where to buy them.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:07 PM
On The Tree

TTT Anyone?
Old 01-11-2007, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you are just replacing bushings and stuff, you might check out the general maintenance subforum.

Also, you might get a helpful reply or two, but most will tell you to search (if it is working). I have not replaced any rubber bushings, but I just ordered a bunch of new suspension parts for my car. There is a lot more info on what aftermarket parts to buy than how to replace factory parts. But with a good search, you should find what you are looking for.

Good luck!
Old 01-11-2007, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

You'll want to stay away from polyurethane. I've heard that Moog "problem solver' bushings are stiffer than stock. but still rubber. perhaps something like 1le bushings

Quick Reply: Suspension overhaul ?s