Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

NEED HELP!!! on lowerd car!!!!!

Old 01-14-2007, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP!!! on lowerd car!!!!!

So hears the thing........ ive already tried looking for the answer to my question on this thread and have came up empty, i just dont want to be asking the same questions others have. I lowerd my car with eibach sportline springs/shocks, know my front tires are getting wasted alittle faster on the inner sides towars the motor. is this just the side effect of lowering a car? or can i fix this problem? ive already tried aligning the tires but it doesnt help. ive seen other lowerd cars and the front tires look like there going to cave in, is this whats hapening to me? or is there a solution. TIRES ARE EXPENSIVE!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

still sounds like an alignment problem. granted its not as big of a drop, i have the pro kit and revalves on mine and i got it aligned right away after the drop and havent had any problems with uneven tire wear.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its an alignment problem....think about it..all the springs did was to lower the car..what your seeing is rerlated to toe-In or out or camber...

Im lowered too and have never had a tire wear problem
Old 01-14-2007, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BitViper
Its an alignment problem....think about it..all the springs did was to lower the car..what your seeing is rerlated to toe-In or out or camber...

Im lowered too and have never had a tire wear problem

Im new to this whole lowering/ suspension stuff. I know little if anything at all. What do you mean by toe in or out or camber? and how would i fix my problem. thanks
Old 01-15-2007, 12:20 AM
On The Tree

T T T
Old 01-15-2007, 02:56 AM
Teching In

It is a alignment issue. You need the camber ajusted. Any shop that does 4 wheel alignments should be able to ajust it or advise you how to correct this once they have a accurate reading.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:55 AM
Staging Lane

Mine is doing the same thing. I understand that it is an alignment problem. I'm getting new tires in a week and will have it aligned (again). Is there anything else that "needs" to be done when lowering with sportlines, like relocating lca's or anything? I had mine aligned by a reputable shop and its still wearing tires on the inside.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

alignment, bushings, bent/ tweked a-arm or spindle, combination of all 4.
my car is on goldline springs(real low). I've had it aligned way too many times in the last 4 1/2 years. Now that i have access to a alignment rack im saving for a tubular front susp. so i know everthing is right. No more toe and go's.

Last edited by LowBird; 01-15-2007 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Teching In

Any time you pay for a alignment they should provide you with a print out. After any drop as you lower the car it will pull the top of the tire inward towards the engine thus creating the edge wear you get on the tires so its not just a toe and go problem. In this case the camber and caster angles need to be brought back into spec.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1Cryo
Any time you pay for a alignment they should provide you with a print out. After any drop as you lower the car it will pull the top of the tire inward towards the engine thus creating the edge wear you get on the tires so its not just a toe and go problem. In this case the camber and caster angles need to be brought back into spec.
Any advice or the name of a good place that can fix this problem withought me worring if there going to do a good job?
Old 01-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Well i know out here we have firestone centers that will offer a life time alignment service so you pay once and get as many as you will ever need that comes in handy. Places like that being big name brand's usually will have experienced suspension tech's but be specific and see if they have a lift and equipment that will service lowered vehicles. If you have any other questions feel free to send me a pm.

Search this Thread