Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

need to lower front only, please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 03:44 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need to lower front only, please help

ok, ive already done the hose mod on the rear, but the front of the car seems pretty high. i only want to lower the front an inch or so, could i just get a set of front springs, or could i just get adjustable shocks in the front? please give me some reccomendations, thanks.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:12 AM
On The Tree

You can go to Texas Speed's website they will sell you the 1" lowering springs for the front because i just ordered some for the back.Call them they should be able to help you
Old 01-20-2007, 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Or get some Koni SAs. They have the lower perch, It will drop around 3/4. Plus U will have a better handling, and riding Z28...its a win-win!

I know Konis R not cheap...but they R worth the $.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:57 PM
TECH Regular

if i just get 1 inch lowering springs for the front with stock shocks will it ride like ****?
Old 01-20-2007, 04:30 PM
SCRWS6

yup, thats what I did first, rode like crap, finally paid for the Konis, and kept the stock springs, but my area has some crappy roads, if you live in a decent part and really arent worried about having different spring rates and want the looks, even if you get the Bilsteins (not to be confused with the revalves I know hes got a good thing going) they wont be able to handle it for long, again a route I took....
Old 01-20-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Regular

are the kyb or kgb adjustable shocks any good
Old 01-20-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

From what I've read there is no comparison between KYBs and Konis. Alot of people have wasted $ on the cheapers only to eventually buy the Konis. Spend the extra $, you will b glad u did.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could always go Bilsteins with the lowering springs. That is tried and true combination. The de carbon shocks in the F-bodies were crap. The only two shocks that anyone seems to really use for these cars are the Bilsteins and the Koni's. The Bilsteins work very well and even better if you get some SLP Bilsteins. Better than that and still cheaper then Koni's are Strano's revalved Bilsteins. KYB's just don't compare. Plus they are almost the same price as regular Bilsteins. Ask Sam Strano what you should do!! He will put you in the right direction.