Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS Delete idea for no ABS light

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ABS Delete idea for no ABS light

I think I have found a way to remove the abs system (kinda) and not throw a light.

I removed the entire ABS block. I took the controller off the block. The controller does not seem to do anything but electrically active internal silenoids. I think if i block off the electrical parts with a fabbed up plate, plug it back into the harness, and tuck the entire assembly minus the aluminum distro block into the fender well I should be able to use a proportioning valve without throwing a light.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

-Mike

Last edited by mturco; 01-21-2007 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Posted pics
Old 01-22-2007, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

interesting??? i didnt think about that when i did mine! just drove around with the light on, look into maybe grounding one of the wires out or putting power to a wire might make the light go out? i would llike to try this but im deployed right now! you will need a wiring diagram and have to know the theroy of operation! be CAREFUL could also blow a fuse maybe more! hope this helps !

ooh what yr is your car?? i read of a post for 98 yr cars on jummping a wire to make the light go away(not sure of the yr but it was not for me 2002) let me know how it goes. if you do get it, it would make a good sticky!
Old 01-23-2007, 07:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by monkey11
interesting??? i didnt think about that when i did mine! just drove around with the light on, look into maybe grounding one of the wires out or putting power to a wire might make the light go out? i would llike to try this but im deployed right now! you will need a wiring diagram and have to know the theroy of operation! be CAREFUL could also blow a fuse maybe more! hope this helps !

ooh what yr is your car?? i read of a post for 98 yr cars on jummping a wire to make the light go away(not sure of the yr but it was not for me 2002) let me know how it goes. if you do get it, it would make a good sticky!
Car is a 2000 SS. We are going to plug the entire EBM (electronic braking module) back into the harness. The computer will never know it isnt working. It will send a signal to the ABS module but since the module just controls a bunch of solenoids it will charge the coils as it would normally. So, in theory it should work. My electrical friend said the only thing it can really test is if the module is plugged in so i guess we shall see.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Y do U want to delete ABS? Just curious, I know U R not the only one.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

^^^^^^
same q, i love abs, i read that your putting a proportioning valve in would that not work w/ abs?
Old 01-23-2007, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

oooh, i just had an idea, if your just trying to stop the abs inop light, couldnt you just take the bulb out? i havent messed around inside my gauges yet but i would think that might work?
Old 01-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by johnpr
^^^^^^
same q, i love abs, i read that your putting a proportioning valve in would that not work w/ abs?
There is a lot of reason to get rid of ABS. We wanted to get rid of it because it takes up ALOT of room in the bay. Also when you have a lot of power and/or sticky tires ABS tends to not work when it was designed too.

I dont not have an answer for running ABS with a proportioning valve. My assumption is you can run a proportioning valve with abs because it might make the ABS malfunction.

Originally Posted by johnpr
oooh, i just had an idea, if your just trying to stop the abs inop light, couldnt you just take the bulb out? i havent messed around inside my gauges yet but i would think that might work?
I think the service light comes on when a dash light is out. Plus id rather not mess with the cluster.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mturco
There is a lot of reason to get rid of ABS. We wanted to get rid of it because it takes up ALOT of room in the bay. Also when you have a lot of power and/or sticky tires ABS tends to not work when it was designed too.

I dont not have an answer for running ABS with a proportioning valve. My assumption is you can run a proportioning valve with abs because it might make the ABS malfunction.

I think the service light comes on when a dash light is out. Plus id rather not mess with the cluster.

it doesnt i got my coolant light pulled... i did the 97 digital cluster in my 94 and my seatbelt light, TCS and ABS light are all permently on i cant find the damn bulbs for those ones...

Quick Reply: ABS Delete idea for no ABS light