Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What Are The Best Rotors Out There

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 10:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wouldn't it be great if somebody could actually test, say 60-0 and 100-0, with a bunch of different rotors with the same car on the same day. Im saying, in general, that the heavier the rotor the better the braking, which cost you in perfromance in other areas of your car. I think it's pretty well established that drilled and slotted rotors with today's pads are only a bling factor. It is my opinion that the Baer Eradispeed 2 pc. offers the best combination of weight, stopping, and bling. They are more expensive than the crap on ebay though.

TOMTOM

tomtom
Old 01-28-2007, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TOMTOM
Wouldn't it be great if somebody could actually test, say 60-0 and 100-0, with a bunch of different rotors with the same car on the same day. Im saying, in general, that the heavier the rotor the better the braking, which cost you in perfromance in other areas of your car. I think it's pretty well established that drilled and slotted rotors with today's pads are only a bling factor. It is my opinion that the Baer Eradispeed 2 pc. offers the best combination of weight, stopping, and bling. They are more expensive than the crap on ebay though.

tomtom
Price does not allways indicate quality, if you like spending twice to three times the money on the same part then more power to you. I would also say that the weight difference in rotors wouldnt be a measurable one in real world performance. Braking would probably be approx. beteen them also, I think resistance to warping, cracking ect. would be the real test. I agree with you on the bling factor, I bought mine because the stockers look horrible behind the 18" thin spoked wheels I have, not for improved braking.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where is a good place to buy brembo blanks for all makes and models I have a 98 silverado I want to get some blanks for also and some hawks pads?
Old 01-28-2007, 07:23 PM
TECH Veteran

yea, see i was looking at the drilled and slotted because i thought they looked really sporty, but after all of this and some research ive found out there ****. Well im most likely going to go with the baer or brembo, depending if i have enough money (17 years old)
Old 01-28-2007, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

I wouldnt say they r **** there is good ones out there.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:36 PM
TECH Veteran

well just bein a little dramatic, but between the two, drilled is the "worst"
Old 01-28-2007, 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

I think most people buy them for looks.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Veteran

yea that's what im thinking. If they were good quality and good at braking than i would get em in a heart beat
Old 01-28-2007, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by '02 Double U S-6
i've been running power stop's slotted rotors all around now for about 2500 miles and couldn't be happier. good stopping power and look way better than stock. less rusty too!
I have the same rotors with Hawk ceramics. They perform very well. They only get a little noisy when I'm beating on them. When I was searching for new rotors, I came to understand that unless you go with a larger diameter rotor, you should NOT go with drilled rotors. Theres to much stress on them, and they can crack. Thats why I went with just slotted rotors.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:49 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SpdFrk1990
Where is a good place to buy brembo blanks for all makes and models I have a 98 silverado I want to get some blanks for also and some hawks pads?
anyone? i've done some searching online and the cheapest i've found is tirerack, but thats like $70 per rotor. anyone know of any cheaper places? ideally, i'd like to get all 4 for $200 or less (considering the ws6store ones are only $160). i just dont want drilled or slotted rotors, only blanks.

Quick Reply: What Are The Best Rotors Out There